Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonane or Dawros Church in Kerry?

Options
  • 05-08-2014 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Can't decide between the two! Not from the area but has anyone been in the same situation and what have you gone with?

Venue is in Kenmare so location for both is good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Here Comes The Trio

tbeans wrote: »
    Can't decide between the two! Not from the area but has anyone been in the same situation and what have you gone with?

Venue is in Kenmare so location for both is good

We played in Dawros Church recently, I think the couple had originally booked a different church and changed, not sure why. The church was beautiful.

The only thing was they had a big enough wedding and there is definitely a maximum capacity. They had to ask everyone to make sure there were 7 people per pew as otherwise they couldn't fit everyone. Nobody minded and everybody could fit and no one was squished but it's just something to keep in mind. The setting is very tranquil and I really thought it was gorgeous!

Will be playing Bonane in a few weeks but you'll obviously want a decision before then, but if you want pics or have any qs let us know and we can scout the place out for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

^^^ THIS!

If you are having a big wedding I would go with Bonane for comfort more than anything else. From a musician's point of view there is very little room in Dawros. If you are having a videographer and big bridal party, your musicians may be very caught for room so just bear that in mind. Bonane has a lovely wee gallery with plenty space, an organ and loads of character.

Dawros is stunning-with the river babbling away outside and everything but Bonnane is just as nice! Both are well maintained with very accommodating sacristans so you are in good hands either way :)

Best of luck with your planning! ;)

Advertisement