Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 battery spike problem

Options
  • 05-08-2014 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 for 18 months which has started acting up recently.
    Every so often the screen flashes and then switches off the phone or else the battery goes dead and I get the message to recharge the battery, even though it had plenty of charge. Taking out the battery and replacing it usually resets the battery to a decent level. When the phone is on charge this doen't happen.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ive encountered a problem where the phone randomly starts just shutting itself on and off again! ive had it around the same amount of time as yourself, pretty sure the power button on the right of the phone is fecked and thats the reason for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭irelandrover

This happened me recently with my phone. Turned out it was an issue with the battery that had swelled due to heat. I replaced the battery and the issue has disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Happened to my wife's phone, Bought a battery off Amazon for £12 and it has been fine since

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 for 18 months which has started acting up recently.
    Every so often the screen flashes and then switches off the phone or else the battery goes dead and I get the message to recharge the battery, even though it had plenty of charge. Taking out the battery and replacing it usually resets the battery to a decent level. When the phone is on charge this doen't happen.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Battery 100%. Happened my Galaxy note. Apparently it's a problem with battery swelling and common with some samsung models. If you have a 2 year warranty I think this is covered however you will pick up a battery as pointed out already for a few euros. Not worth the wait to get a replacement as you will most likely have to send your phone away.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 houseinthesun

Thanks to all, I was thinking a new battery would solve this allright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Hey guys,
    Whats the best place to get a genuine S3 replacement battery and what should I be paying. It seems most sellers on Amazon are getting a lot of bad reviews and a lot seem to be fake.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Advertisement