Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well here I am again

• 05-08-2014 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Ugh, I am so frustrated. A few months ago I was so determined and motivated to give these horrible things up, but I always found an excuse to start smoking now.

I am 24 years and I feel like an 84 year old with my breathing, it is actually shocking. I dread the thought of what my lungs look like. I have been smoking since I am 11 and I am a very heavy smoker. My mother is now on a nubulizer (SP) over her COPD, which she got over her own smoking habits. The sight of seeing her using it has scared me to the core.

I have tried EVERYTHING to give up, and every time I fail, I end up smoking even heavier.

I was in hospital a few months ago due to stomach issues and the smoking person came up to me for a chat. She suggested that since I am such a heavy smoker and the lenght I have smoked that the best treatment I should try are patches and those cools. So I have gotten them, and I am determined to start tomorrow.

I am trying to mentally prepare myself for giving up these evil horrible things, so hopefully my next post will be one as a non smoker.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

Get all of them and light them on fire... no better relief than burning them!

Good luck! Hope you succeed

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Best of luck! I smoked from 15 to 32 and only recently gave up. Strike while the iron is hot... Keep reminding yourself that you are not getting anything positive from these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 GeorgeSlate

You must try electronic cigarette which really helps you to get out of this dangerous habit called "Smoking".

Advertisement