Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Build needed by September 9th...

Options
  • 05-08-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I've been looking on this forum and basically I need a PC..
    It's my 1st PC and I've been told to come here to get the help I need..(Thanks in advance).

A mate of mine already has a custom built PC (from getting help on this and ordered on Hardwarversand) and he advised me to come here!

So here is what I need..

1. What is your budget? €550-€650
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? For Gaming - DayZ, FarCry, Rome games, Football Manager.. Newest releases at 1080P if possible.. I don't want to start maxing everything out!..
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No
    5. Do you need a monitor? No
    5a. If yes, what size do you need? N/A
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes
    8. How can you pay? Any way at all.
    9. When are you purchasing? By September 9th (prob Sept 1st).
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I heard Hardwareversand build it so I'd get them to do it!

Thanks for you help people! Look forward to hearing from you! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

Pretty much a beast. Script not working for me.

untitled.jpg

Could go i5 and a less powerfull card but little to no difference in newer games.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

pepper180 wrote: »
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I heard Hardwareversand build it so I'd get them to do it!

Would strongly advise you to build it yourself or get someone who knows how to build it. Having a pc that's put together delivered is a really bad idea as there's a strong possibility of damage. Either way up to you if you want to take the risk, but that's my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Dowl88 wrote: »

untitled.jpg

Could go i5 and a less powerfull card but little to no difference in newer games.

Thanks for that!!

Is there any chance of switching the AMD with an intel i5 processor?
    Is there much difference in price in them?

Also would that mean I would need to downgrade the graphics card?

AND final question.. You see on the order some of the bars are yellow, does that mean I can order it now or soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 AesisVanex

Hey there, here's a build for you.

- CPU: AMD FX-6300
    - Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R 2.0
    - GPU: MSI R9 270 (If you find you have the cash to spare you could go for a 270X which is a little bit beefier)
    - RAM: Any 8GB set will do fine really, I'm using Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue (1600Mhz). I'd suggest this especially if you do plan on overclocking since it'll give you room for a decent sized CPU cooler.
    - Case: This does really come down purely to choice and preference, if you don't care about the looks then buy a cheap box big enough for your GPU with an intake and exhaust fan and make sure they are ATX if you're going with the suggested Mobo. Cases I can suggest would be the NZXT 210, Coolermaster N300, Sharkoon Vaya II, but you should look around.
    - Power Supply: XFX Pro Core Edition 550W is pretty cheap and extremely reliable, they're rebranded Seasonics, so they'll last you a long while.

If you are overclocking go with what's trusted, get a Coolermaster TX3 or 212 EVO CPU fan.

I order all my parts from Scan.co.uk (can't link because new user :/)
    They offer a thing called "Scan-insure" where they'll replace your parts for free if you mess up during the install as long as you paid the €10 or €15 cost. They're based in the UK so shipping takes 2 days usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Thanks for that!!

Is there any chance of switching the AMD with an intel i5 processor?
    Is there much difference in price in them?

Also would that mean I would need to downgrade the graphics card?

AND final question.. You see on the order some of the bars are yellow, does that mean I can order it now or soon?

A 4570K (you'd need an unlocked K CPU to OC) would cost you another €110 or so, for a whole lot of nothing. I guess if you wanted to, then get a GTX 760 or R9 280 (both not as good as a R9 290). Just remember to change the motherboard to an Intel LGA 1150 board if you do.

LukeS_ wrote: »
    A 4570K (you'd need an unlocked K CPU to OC) would cost you another €110 or so, for a whole lot of nothing. I guess if you wanted to, then get a GTX 760 or R9 280 (both not as good as a R9 290). Just remember to change the motherboard to an Intel LGA 1150 board if you do.

Thanks for that info :)

I've decided to stay with what is there, and maybe just changed the tower! :)

Dowl88 wrote: »

untitled.jpg

Lads, I'm ordering this by the end of next week and half of the stuff I cannot find or/and are out of stock! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Past_Pawn_99

make sure you put all your parts through www(dot)geizhals(dot)de/ to get a discount and if your a first time customer use this code for 10€ off the shipping: VCHN5KY9FP

You could also get better ram (1600mhz) for the same price as the one you have selected.

make sure you put all your parts through www(dot)geizhals(dot)de/ to get a discount and if your a first time customer use this code for 10€ off the shipping: VCHN5KY9FP

You could also get better ram (1600mhz) for the same price as the one you have selected.

Which RAM do you recommend then? Sorry really new to this

• Advertisement

i just purchased this:
    www(dot)hardwareversand(dot)de/en/1600+Low+Voltage/125974/8GB-Kit+Crucial+Ballistix+Sport+Series+DDR3-1600%2C+CL9.article

i put it through geizhals(dot)de and got like 5€ off all my parts.

i just purchased this:
    www(dot)hardwareversand(dot)de/en/1600+Low+Voltage/125974/8GB-Kit+Crucial+Ballistix+Sport+Series+DDR3-1600%2C+CL9.article

i put it through geizhals(dot)de and got like 5€ off all my parts.

Perfect! Cheers!

Now all I need to do is swap out my graphics card and then I can order next week! :) Any ideas what card I can use? How does everything else look in the build?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Perfect! Cheers!

Now all I need to do is swap out my graphics card and then I can order next week! :) Any ideas what card I can use? How does everything else look in the build?

What's wrong with the GPU? Out of stock or too pricey? Might be worth looking at a 280X or 770 in that case, similar performance (no Nvidia software of course) but the 280X is a fair bit cheaper.

Theres a asus 280 for 180 on hardwareversand

What's wrong with the GPU? Out of stock or too pricey? Might be worth looking at a 280X or 770 in that case, similar performance (no Nvidia software of course) but the 280X is a fair bit cheaper.

Just that it is out of stock.. :( ALSO I'm hearing intel is more reliable than AMD?

I JUST NEED A COMPLETE BUILD MADE UP FOR ME!! :(

I don't know much about computers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Just that it is out of stock.. :( ALSO I'm hearing intel is more reliable than AMD?

I JUST NEED A COMPLETE BUILD MADE UP FOR ME!! :(

I don't know much about computers!!

Do you mean on the CPU? Intel's CPUs are technically "better", but AMD CPUs offer better performance for the price (they're a lot cheaper). But there's rumours that AMD are going to lower the price of all FX CPUs starting September 1 so if you're going with an AMD CPU it might be worth it to wait until September.

With regards to graphics, it's Nvidia vs AMD, and with the whole cryptocurrency boom recently AMD cards shot up in price as they are better for mining, but reliability is down to the manufacturer (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA, XFX, Powercolor etc.) who use the reference designs of AMD and Nvidia to create their GPUs.

That 290 in the build was on sale, so if you were to buy another 290 (a high end GPU), this on mindfactory seems to be a great price. Just get HWVS to build it for you, then put the GPU in yourself (it's one of the easiest things to do in a build), or spend the extra €30 and buy it on HWVS and include it in your build if you feel like installing a GPU might be challenging.

I need an Intel CPU, a GPU that goes with it AND a motherboard that works with it all.

Can someone please make me a build with the things I asked for in the start of the thread! It needs to be between 650-750 and have an Intel i5 CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ok, so I've been looking on this forum and basically I need a PC..
    It's my 1st PC and I've been told to come here to get the help I need..(Thanks in advance).

A mate of mine already has a custom built PC (from getting help on this and ordered on Hardwarversand) and he advised me to come here!

So here is what I need..

1. What is your budget? €550-€650
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? For Gaming - DayZ, FarCry, Rome games, Football Manager.. Newest releases at 1080P if possible.. I don't want to start maxing everything out!..
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No
    5. Do you need a monitor? No
    5a. If yes, what size do you need? N/A
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes
    8. How can you pay? Any way at all.
    9. When are you purchasing? By September 9th (prob Sept 1st).

Thanks for you help people! Look forward to hearing from you! :)
    where did you say anything about an intel build?

and you've upped your budget?

Stop being such a moany ****e, people are only trying to get you the best for what you tell them.

No one needs to help you, they do it to be nice. So have some respect.

RossieMan wrote: »

Stop being such a moany ****e, people are only trying to get you the best for what you tell them.

I've upped my budget as people said the i5 CPU costs extra!
    If you look through out the thread, you see I've taken on peoples advice!

Have some respect?? I have been nothing but thankful and grateful through the whole thread!! Read again pal! No need to swear at me, cheers!

Also if YOU want to help me out it would be appreciated! If not, that's fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

RossieMan wrote: »

Hey calm down buddy!
    I don't really see how OP is being a "moany****"?

A PC is a big investment and for someone who's building for the first time.

It can be a daunting task... So you need to be 100% sure that everything will work before throwing nearly €800 at it.

From what I can see OP just needs a GPU, Intel i5 CPU and Motherboard that will work with everything else. Surely sonebody can help him?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

pepper, no need to yell.

RossieMan, you used the first and last posts of a thread in order to start an argument by omitting everything else in the thread. You're wilfully taking things out of context in order to lob personal attacks at the OP and that is not on and any more of them will not be tolerated. Try reading the entire thread in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Something like this should do nicely.

318960.jpg

BloodBath wrote: »
    Something like this should do nicely.

318960.jpg

Thank you so much BloodBath! Really grateful for the help! I'm going to definitely look into getting this!

This is perfect!

No problem, prices were got using geizhals.de for discounts on hardwareversand.

No problem, prices were got using geizhals.de for discounts on hardwareversand.

Brilliant thank you! A lot are out of stock, so will I switch some up or?..

If you don't mind spending an extra €15 go for the MSI Gaming R9 280. The cooler on that card is amazing. I tested an R9 270 that used the same cooler and it's so quiet even when it ramps up in speed. You just have to customise the fan profiles.

The case comes in 9 colours so select one you like that's in stock.

You could get the normal Asrock H81M board if it's in stock. Make sure it's the matx version.

Grab another 8gb ram single stick so you have room to expand to 16gb in future. Dual channel does nothing for gaming anyway unless you're on an igp. Speed is not important either so go for the cheapest one in stock. Either 1333 or 1600mhz.

Grab another power supply. If you have the funds go for a 600w 80+bronze one. Corsair are pretty reliable. The VS range is about as cheap as I'd go but something with better capacitors will last longer but cost more.

Grab another 8gb ram single stick so you have room to expand to 16gb in future. Dual channel does nothing for gaming anyway unless you're on an igp. Speed is not important either so go for the cheapest one in stock. Either 1333 or 1600mhz.

Ok I have everything in stock apart from the RAM.. :confused:
    Any ideas which one do I pick for the build?

How about these for the ram?

These are 1333:

http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/1333+Low+Voltage/109473/8+GB-Kit+Kingston+1333MHz+DDR3+Non-ECC+CL9+DIMM+SR+x8.article

http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/1333+Low+Voltage/66601/8GB+G.Skill+PC3-10667U+CL9.article

http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/1333+Low+Voltage/164666/8GB+HyperX+FURY+Red+1333MHz+DDR3+CL9.article

Also.. Is this what I choose for them to build it?

http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/Service/746/Rechner+-+Zusammenbau.article

ANNND my last question and I will stop annoying people forever...

Will i use any internal disc drive?
    I need a wifi card also.. ideas?

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Will i use any internal disc drive?
    I need a wifi card also.. ideas?

You probably won't need a disk drive 90% of the time. That being said considering you can get one on HWVS for under €15 I'd say pick one up. Nothing worse than being stuck.

Any ram will do, might as well get one that somewhat matches your colour scheme. The board is black so I'd get black PCB ram to match. Heatsinks are more for show than cooling anyway but if the price is the same go for it.

Yes you can get a samsung DVD-RW for around €13. You will need it to install the wireless card drivers anyway as I couldn't find them online.

TP-Link have some good cheap wireless cards on hardwareversand. Make sure to get one that matches free slots available on the board. They come in PCI and PCIEx1 varieties. Get at least a 300mb/s one with dual antennas. They are around €12-15 as well.

Yes that's the assembly option as well.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure how to find out what WiFi card would suite so I may leave it out ..

Advertisement