Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability allowance stopped

Options
  • 04-08-2014 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

After two years of waiting I got my DA payment 2 months ago. I went to the post office Wednesday just gone and there was no money there for me. I rang Longford and they said they want proof of address off me and it will be weeks before the payment is restored.
    They never wrote out to me, no house visit, no warning whatsoever and they said this is normal.
    Is it normal to live week to week wondering if I am going to get it??? I have to wait till Thursday before I get emergency payment off the CWO. I am really annoyed about this as it was my sons 1st birthday yesterday and had to get a loan off a friend to buy his present.
    has this happened to any of you???

Edit: I just got my back money a few weeks ago!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

thedroog wrote: »
    After two years of waiting I got my DA payment 2 months ago. I went to the post office Wednesday just gone and there was no money there for me. I rang Longford and they said they want proof of address off me and it will be weeks before the payment is restored.
    They never wrote out to me, no house visit, no warning whatsoever and they said this is normal.
    Is it normal to live week to week wondering if I am going to get it??? I have to wait till Thursday before I get emergency payment off the CWO. I am really annoyed about this as it was my sons 1st birthday yesterday and had to get a loan off a friend to buy his present.
    has this happened to any of you???

Edit: I just got my back money a few weeks ago!
    Are you alleging that you got no letter from them asking you for proof of address?
    Have you moved house recently?
    You need to send the proof of address immediately.
    You need to visit the CWO today.

Advertisement