Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Projected Teams Reveal.. Thoughts?

Options
  • 04-08-2014 10:13pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As we all know.. presuming no one else has picked them... ill be taking the Titans and will assume i'll have at least one player in the division though i could see people taking the Colts but primarily the Texans.

Well... at QB.. Locker is 75 overall, his short/med stats are mid 70s but his PA and deep are low 60s..

Whitehurst and Mettenberger are both better QBs stat wise, given Locker will probably want a ridiculous contract i may go with Mett from the off!

@ HB again mediocre is the name of the game.
    Greene & Sankey will see the snaps with Battle covering when needed.
    Leon washington will likely keep a spot purely down to his 99 return, Collin Mooney will be Full back.

@ receiver/TE Delanie Walker will see action but I expect Taylor Thompson to get most snaps, I used him last year and he was pretty good.
    The Titans have a decent bit of above average wide receivers.
    Wright, Hunter, Nate Washington will be the top 3, Mariani and Dexter will be 4th and 5th and both will see action on PR/KRs aswell

@ O-line Titans have good quality and good depth here, Roos could be trade bait with Lewan starting at LT and Oher at RT.
    2nd year players Warmack and Schwenke have regressed from their intial ratings last year

@ D-line Top 5 DT casey will be the star here, but i expect to do some moving and shuffling, Morgan may go to OLB, expect to see Karl Klug get snaps along with Ropati Pitoitua. Rookie Daquan Jones while a low overall has great key stats.

@ Linebackers with the switch to the 3-4/hybrid front there Dline and Lbs will be moving around a lot! Akeem Ayers looks to lead the way as the pass rushing OLB. Zack brown seems to be massively underrated here but he'll partner ex Bronco Wesley Woodyard while Shaun Philips will anchor and rush on the other wise.
    Expect Wimbley to see time as a stand up rusher along with a dirt in the hand DE.

Fan favourite Colin MCCarthy will hope to avoid injury to back up the MLB spots.

@ Secondary the Titans Safety Corps is good, Patriot Killer Pollard and Griffin start at SS and FS respectively. George Wilson can cover both positions, expect Marqueston Huff (rookie) and Damion Stafford to battle it out for the 4th spot.

McCourty is leading CB however there is a massive drop off from him to BWW, Zaviar Gooden, Coty Sensabaugh, Tommie Capmbell. One of these will win the 2nd starting CB..
    Pre season will be important!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Few things are certain in this game apart from Heli picking the Titans.
    Would ya not be tempted by another team?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

it will depend on if i join any of the PFL leagues to be honest, but given i pick at a high enough number could be a few options there at my pick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I highly doubt anyone else would be brave enough to try the Jaguars after seeing those ratings.

Utter ****e in every position, saved by some serious potential in key areas and cap space. Season 1 will be a slog but hopefully I'll be cracking skulls in season 2.

All of this is irrelevant actually as you are all cavemen who are scared of Xbox One.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I highly doubt anyone else would be brave enough to try the Jaguars after seeing those ratings.

Utter ****e in every position, saved by some serious potential in key areas and cap space. Season 1 will be a slog but hopefully I'll be cracking skulls in season 2.

All of this is irrelevant actually as you are all cavemen who are scared of Xbox One.

yeah when your highest rated player is your kicker you know you're in trouble.

Though having Blackmon is going to be an asset, 2 good young WRs, Bortles is good and you will have a cheap franchise QB for the franchise.
    Defense is shocking for the most part

Mikey i have no doubt you could not make any changes to that team and still win the SB!!

We just arent as rich as you obviously..

btw can i get a new sig??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Though having Blackmon is going to be an asset, 2 good young WRs, Bortles is good and you will have a cheap franchise QB for the franchise.
    Defense is shocking for the most part

Mikey i have no doubt you could not make any changes to that team and still win the SB!!

We just arent as rich as you obviously..

btw can i get a new sig??

4 good young WRs, the two rookies Lee and Allen will be beasts as well.

And yes you can, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Have been having a good think about this. And have downloaded a few rosters with FA and draft picks in them to try out different teams.
    Have a few ideas but really comes down to what's available when im picking.

I'm sure someone will go "WILDCARD" on us bitches!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Eagles, Yeah baby......that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yeah, those useless Jaguars. Utter rubbish. Imagine having a kicker as your highest rated player. The embarrassment.

Oh.....:(

bal-kicker-justin-tucker-highestrated-ravens-player-in-madden-15-20140804

Thought I'd throw these here for Knex as opposed to the Who's who thread.
    Overall ratings taken from the salary screen.

Giants:
    Top 3 players:
    D.Rodgers Cromartie CB 90
    W.Beatty LT 88
    L.Lunsford(R) FS 88

Cap space: 28.4m Cap Pen:4.6m
    Notable players to resign:
    E.Manning 84 Age 34
    R.Randle 81 Age 24

Notable players released:Jpp and Prince Amukamara
    Giants are missing their 2nd round pick but have an extra 6th

Cowboys:
    Top 3 players:
    D.Bryant WR 99
    T.Smith LT 97
    B.Flowers CB 93
    (6 players rated 90 or above on roster)

Cap space: 6.6m Cap Pen:3.2
    O.Scandrick 81 Age 28
    B.Flowers 93 Age 29
    B.Church 86 Age 27

Notable players released:
    D.Murray
    Cowboys are missing their 2nd and 3rd round pick

Redskins:
    Top 3 players:
    T.Williams LT 99
    J.Cameron TE 91
    R.Kerrigan LOLB 91
    (6 players rated 90 or above on roster)

Cap space: 10.5m Cap Pen:9.8m
    RGIII 91 Age 25
    A.Morris 86 Age 26

Notable players released:
    Reed TE
    Cofield DT
    Redskins are missing a 5th but have an extra 2nd

All have their strenghts and weakness's,Romo and Manning may need to be replaced this season should they regress.

Cowboys look good,good recievers in Byrant,Witten,Williams,
    Good secondry with Flowers,Carr,Scandrick and Church
    Good oline but lack a bit of firepower on D-line and linebackers.

Giants probably need the most work,alotta holes but also have the most cap space so can shape the team as you please,good young players in Beckham and the rookie FS lunsford

Redskins are stacked in attack,RGIII,Morris,Garcon,Jackson,Cameron.
    Have 2 stars on the oline in Williams and Sullivan but the rest are poor.
    Kerrigan and Okarpo to get after the QB but lacking in their secondry.

Any more questions feel free to ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You are a gent. Fantastic work, Perrin. Much appreciated.

Dunno if its wise to go for a project team in the Giants when there is only one season left, but feck it, I'll go for them anyway.

Have never really ran a 4-3 D in Madden, so might even go about changing that to 3-4 in the offseason.

Thanks again!

Knex. wrote: »
    You are a gent. Fantastic work, Perrin. Much appreciated.

Dunno if its wise to go for a project team in the Giants when there is only one season left, but feck it, I'll go for them anyway.

Have never really ran a 4-3 D in Madden, so might even go about changing that to 3-4 in the offseason.

Thanks again!
    No probs,invite to the league has also been sent to you.

Advertisement