Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limits on flat bar bike

Options
  • 04-08-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

I bought a flat bar bike, giant rapid 4, on BTW a couple of years ago with a view to commuting. Duly left in the shed until about a month ago when I started doing evening and weekend spins round where I live. Think I've got the bug now and want to extend my distance. I am currently doing a 30k loop 4/5times a week taking about an hour and twenty. Thing is I find that once I go over the hour I start to feel a bit numb and tingly in the hands, can't seem to find a comfortable grip position at all.
    I have read elsewhere that drops may be a cure for this.
    Planning to work out to 50k distances over next weeks so was wondering if I am reaching limitation of flat bar and should I change?

Wiggle currently have felt Z85 with shimano 105 kit for €852. Seems like this would be suitable for old timer like me. Is now the time to jump or should I stick with flatbar till new year,?

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Ergon gp 5 grips

GR246A02.jpg

I have these on the hybrid and they are a brilliant job. I've done a few 100k spins and loads over 50, serious improvement on the original grips. No numbness at all and the bar ends are great for getting more aero positioned and giving extra power on climbs. I'd actually say they are more comfortable than the bars on my road bike. Got them on ebay for about € 40.

Or get a road bike....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭fixie fox

Advertisement