Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting floor plans on a house

Options
  • 04-08-2014 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey all!

I am just wondering if anyone can help me. . . . I am in the process of gathering ideas to bring to my engineer to get the planning application rolling. Planner was out a few weeks ago so have discussed what i can and cant have. I have spotted a beautiful house which I really like. . . .is there any way of obtaining the floor plans for this house??

The house is unfinished and i have no idea who owns the house or who designed the house. can i request plans from the council??

Thanks in advance! :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,162 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

efbeef wrote: »
    Hey all!

I am just wondering if anyone can help me. . . . I am in the process of gathering ideas to bring to my engineer to get the planning application rolling. Planner was out a few weeks ago so have discussed what i can and cant have. I have spotted a beautiful house which I really like. . . .is there any way of obtaining the floor plans for this house??

The house is unfinished and i have no idea who owns the house or who designed the house. can i request plans from the council??

Thanks in advance! :-)

you cannot use someone elses design without their consent.... its their intellectual property.

check the planning file on line. the agent (usually the designer) will be named and their contact details will normally be on a title block or in the application form

• Registered Users Posts: 39 efbeef

thanks for your response! where online can I find the planning file to try find the designer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

This is something that has always bothered me, why does the internal floor plan have to be included with a planning application. This would stop people from doing exactly this

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

efbeef wrote: »
    thanks for your response! where online can I find the planning file to try find the designer?

search the address on the relevant local authority website and you should find the plans then ring the designer and they will generally be happy to assist

• Registered Users Posts: 39 efbeef

kkelliher wrote: »
    search the address on the relevant local authority website and you should find the plans then ring the designer and they will generally be happy to assist

Thank you very much. would love to speak to the designer of the house. It has been left untouched for over 2 years unfortunately as per the neighbour so iv a feeling it's a long shot....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Surely it's the exterior design you like so why bother with the internal layout? A decent architect can create the internal layout to suit you and house orientation.

Advertisement