Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOLEN BIKE *CASTLEWHITE APARTMENTS, WESTERN ROAD, CORK*

Options
  • 04-08-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello. I am a student staying in Castlewhite for the summer. Some time between 8pm on Thursday 31st July 2014 and 7am Friday 1st August 2014, my bike got stolen. It was outside my apartment, in the bike-stand area but I forgot to lock it.

If you stole this bike, please return it IMMEDIATELY. I will not sue or report you or whatever. I just really need the bike back as it belongs to my dad. He let me borrow it. If he found out that it got stolen, he will kill me.

I reported it to the Castlewhite staff on Friday morning but it is unlikely that they will do anything about it.

While I am waiting for the bike to return, I have borrowed two bikes that are belong to students from Castlewhite which they forgot to lock up.

1. If the Castlewhite staff check the CCTV footage of these bikes disappearing (they were borrowed this morning), then they will HAVE to check the CCTV footage of my bike being stolen as I asked them to do so on Friday morning but they still havent.

2. When I get my bike back/when the CCTV footage of my bike being stolen is checked and the identity of the thief is known, I will return the bikes that I borrowed. I am sick of being trampled over and this way, I shall hopefully be able to get my bike back.

So please, if you stole my bike/know who took it, please let me know. Not only is my bike stolen (and its not even my bike, its my dads) but there are now two other people without a bike. Please just give it back. If you want to go somewhere, you can walk or get a bus. You dont have to steal someones bike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

What gives you the right to steal those other two bikes just because you forgot to lock yours up? Terrible call, best thing you could do is leave them back asap with an apology

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭IDencI

Your going to land yourself in a worse place by taking 2 bikes. In the eyes of the law this is theft. Put them back before the police get involved.

What type of bike is it? Can you post any pictures so that people can identify it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AnonEmos99

Okay, I put the bikes back
    My bike is blue with silver in the middle of it
    I dont know the make and I dont have any photos of it but Ill see if Google has a picture of a similar one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

AnonEmos99, stealing those 2 bikes is absolutely disgraceful. What did the owners of those 2 bikes ever do to you?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

In the interest of 'what goes around comes around', I hope you never see your bike again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

did you speak to UCC security as well - or just to the warden in Castlewhite?

• Advertisement
Advertisement