Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast Config

Options
  • 04-08-2014 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Anyone get Chomecast working? It seems fairly simple and it does show on my TV screen with the name I've given it, but when I try to add a device to cast from it informs me to go back to wifi (on my Ipad) and select "Chromecast", problem is is that its not listed as a wifi spot

When I set it up, I plugged in, followed the on screen settings, all looked ok, it downloaded new firmware etc etc

Maybe I've done things totally assways (but I don't think so)

I'm using a Vodafone HG658c VDSL router

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,219 ✭✭✭corkie

How to setup chromecast

There is link about compatible rooters in the above link.

Once you have configured it correctly, you shouldn't be looking for wifi spot.

Supported apps on your device should be able to cast to it as long as there on the same wifi.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Tow

I had the same problem, spent ages resetting and trying different routers, phone, tables etc. Eventually I sent it back and got a replacement, the replacement worked first time.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

Tow wrote: »
    Eventually I sent it back and got a replacement, the replacement worked first time.

Aaaah nooo, I got mine in the States!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

Stingray wrote: »
    Anyone get Chomecast working? It seems fairly simple and it does show on my TV screen with the name I've given it, but when I try to add a device to cast from it informs me to go back to wifi (on my Ipad) and select "Chromecast", problem is is that its not listed as a wifi spot

Not sure I get you right here, but you don't have to add devices once it's configured. Compatible devices/apps will show the Chromecast icon and you click on it to cast.

Check out this image: Chromecast icon

Are you not able to cast from any device currently?
    Which devices are you trying from?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Stingray

Gotcha!, got it working. To be honest I wasn't sure how to "Cast", so when I went in to the Chromecast App on my Ipad, I saw "Add device" below the Chromecast device I added, so I assumed I had to "add the ipad" to cast whatever was on it, obviously not!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

So ye got it working OP?

Advertisement