Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 10/70 GSM q

Options
  • 04-08-2014 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys

GSM Jam Fault came up on the panel after it just activated a few min ago. My understanding is that this is because of the use of a gsm blocker.

First time I have seen this fault. Can somebody shed some light?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Dave1014 wrote: »
    Hi guys

GSM Jam Fault came up on the panel after it just activated a few min ago. My understanding is that this is because of the use of a gsm blocker.

First time I have seen this fault. Can somebody shed some light?

Thanks in advance!!

Did the Jam fault cause it to activate? Or did something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dave1014

kub wrote: »
    Did the Jam fault cause it to activate? Or did something else?

Hey
    The gsm jam fault caused it to activate. No other zones shown.

We are in a rural area with no close neighbours. Heard something outside and the alarm activated 30 seconds later. Zone shown was as above. When I got to the front door a van drove on up the road. We don't get much traffic especially early hours of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Did you check the status of the sim? I think mine has done the same in the past. I have poor gsm signal and if the signal drops for a certain period of time it detects it as a signal jam even tho its a loss of signal. The van could of been a coincidence or it was someone trying to see if your alarm activates when its jammed.
    There is a setting to not trigger the alarm when the signal is blocked or drops.
    I had to turn my setting off as alarm was goin off at stupid o clock frighten the sh1t out of us.
    I then swapped providers and sim reception is better and so re enabled the setting...

Reception in the area is perfect. We are about 3 mile away from a mast and always have full coverage so reception wise we are fine.

My obvious concern is could it have been a gsm jammer that activated it? My main concern is obviously the home but also the scooby doo parked in the drive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

Reception in the area is perfect. We are about 3 mile away from a mast and always have full coverage so reception wise we are fine.

My obvious concern is could it have been a gsm jammer that activated it? My main concern is obviously the home but also the scooby doo parked in the drive!!

Yes if the signal was being blocked it would of activated the alarm.
    If you have not had any issues with the GSM signal and then this happened I would have to expect the worse.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Yes if the signal was being blocked it would of activated the alarm.
    If you have not had any issues with the GSM signal and then this happened I would have to expect the worse.

That's what my fear was!!! Time to get a gun I think!!!

The house was recently renovated and part of it is still what a building site so I imagine tools was the target of the car!!!
    Dirty rotten scum bags!!!
    Well I had a baseball bat at hand which was ready to be swung!!

Should this incident happen again where a gsm jammer is used and the alarm activated when we weren't around, would the gsm q send out a forced signal before the signal is jammed or should I look into having a back up such as a text dialler from the wired phone line?

That's what my fear was!!! Time to get a gun I think!!!

The house was recently renovated and part of it is still what a building site so I imagine tools was the target of the car!!!
    Dirty rotten scum bags!!!
    Well I had a baseball bat at hand which was ready to be swung!!

Should this incident happen again where a gsm jammer is used and the alarm activated when we weren't around, would the gsm q send out a forced signal before the signal is jammed or should I look into having a back up such as a text dialler from the wired phone line?

Is the phone line accessible from the outside of the house?

Is the phone line accessible from the outside of the house?

With a ladder yes!! It's about 18 foot high but I suppose a rope around it and a good yank would prob pull it down. 😢

With a ladder yes!! It's about 18 foot high but I suppose a rope around it and a good yank would prob pull it down. 😢

That is the danger especially if a jammer was used.

Any suggestions?!!!

I currently have a few extra bits added such as external lights activating should the alarm activate. Was thinking of maybe independent sensor lights.

My worry now is notification should the alarm activate

• Advertisement

Any suggestions?!!!

I currently have a few extra bits added such as external lights activation should the alarm activate. Was thinking of maybe independent sensor lights.

My worry now is notification should the alarm activate

Radio would be one of the hardest to block as you would need to know what your doing to do this.
    Alternatively a GSM-SC plus wifi or lan card would get you a total failure in an hour or 15 minutes depending on which package you choose.

Here is a link to them for more information.

Radio would be one of the hardest to block as you would need to know what your doing to do this.
    Alternatively a GSM-SC plus wifi or lan card would get you a total failure in an hour or 15 minutes depending on which package you choose.

When you say "would get you a total failure in an hour" what do you mean?

When you say "would get you a total failure in an hour" what do you mean?

The lan an GSM-SC are in communication with the server, you would get a notification to your phone from the App for loss of connectivity to site detected within 1 hour. It can be done for 15 minutes if you went for the second option.

I used to be an alarm engineer a good few years back but have been out of touch with it am on a learning curve here with all the extras available for the 10/70!!

Any ideas of a price for the LAN card?

The things we gotta do to keep the scum away from the door!!

I used to be an alarm engineer a good few years back but have been out of touch with it am on a learning curve here with all the extras available for the 10/70!!

Any ideas of a price for the LAN card?

The things we gotta do to keep the scum away from the door!!

Price wise you would need to contact suppliers on the suppliers list for pricing.
    Depending on the version of software on the original 10/70 you may need to upgrade this.

I will give a shout around and see what I can get.
    Thanks for all the help. Everybody's assistance is appreciated
    Hopefully will be able to get something sorted in the next few days

I will give a shout around and see what I can get.
    Thanks for all the help. Everybody's assistance is appreciated
    Hopefully will be able to get something sorted in the next few days

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Is it possible for the alarm to be set up to detect an interruption in the power supply to lighting??

Is it possible for the alarm to be set up to detect an interruption in the power supply to lighting??

You can have the system send you a sim in the event of system faults.
    If the light was on the same supply as the alarm, the control panel would indicate a problem with the lighting circuit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement