Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hopefully someones awake..

Options
  • 04-08-2014 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

About an hour ago my girlfriend (who's 40 weeks) experienced some menstrual type cramps, which lasted 4 minutes, they're back again, and a little stronger, and they've been going for 2 minutes now. She also has pain in her thighs and her lower back (back pain is constant) can anyone tell is this early stages of labour? We tried asking the midwives in Holles St. but they're too busy to take the call!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/signs-for-how-I-will-know-I-am-in-labour

I have absolutely no experience or expertise in the area, but I'm probably a little less preoccupied than ye are at the mo, so had time to google.

Website reads as dependable. Symptoms match yours! Congratulations, and the best of luck with it.

Keep us posted.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

About an hour ago my girlfriend (who's 40 weeks) experienced some menstrual type cramps, which lasted 4 minutes, they're back again, and a little stronger, and they've been going for 2 minutes now. She also has pain in her thighs and her lower back (back pain is constant) can anyone tell is this early stages of labour? We tried asking the midwives in Holles St. but they're too busy to take the call!

Both my labours started with menstrual like cramps. If its her first baby these can last for hours. Stay at home as long as possible. On my first baby I was getting these cramps all day before the bad and frequent contractions started coming. That's not to say your GF definitely won't go quick tho! So keep an eye on things and try ringing the hospital again. If the contractions become more frequent, regular, and are lasting longer your GF is prob in labour. Congrats and goodluck!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hi guys,

Any luck getting through to the Midwives?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Take into account how far you are from hospital!

Don't they have a set time between contractions that you go in?

Oh that's right you're meant to time when. Then when you call you say 'they're x minutes apart' might pay you more attention then!

Best of luck. Very special time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Up feeding our 6 week old and trying to keep awake when I spotted this! This could be the real thing or it may ease off so keep timing...if they keep up with regular gaps (theres great free contractions apps you can use to track them) and the intensity increases you may be looking at the real deal.

As was mentioned...they'll want you to stay home until theyre around 1 minute long every 5 mins for over an hour constantly...at that stage hopefully your other halfs cervix will be dilated meaning shes in active labour and you two wont be sent back home.

Remember if her waters break or you two are worried just head in though!

Best of luck you wont believe the excitement and love that's waiting for you:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi guys,

This is how my labour started (at 1am) My waters didn't break till 10.30. I know it's probably too late but I found the ball very good for the pain. How exciting.........:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

So they went away after a posting this (well within a few minutes) but they're back and a little more often, so it's close.. But not quite there... For anyone who's interested I'll try let you know when it's the real deal!

Advertisement