Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a cheaper place to get Minecraft?

Options
  • 04-08-2014 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭

Quick question guys.

Is there a cheaper place to get Minecraft or is it pretty much just the €19.95 as on Minecraft.net?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Pretty much just minecraft.net.

Mojang publish and sell the game themselves. Made a packet doing it that way.

IMO well worth the €20. Ive owned it for years now and no crappy DLC b****x going on here. Payed about €10 for pre release copy and have not had to pay a penny since. All updates have been free.

Best value ive gotten from any game. Ever.

The modding community keeps the game fresh and interesting as well. Mods are what keeps me coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

EoinHef wrote: »
    Pretty much just minecraft.net.

Mojang publish and sell the game themselves. Made a packet doing it that way.

IMO well worth the €20. Ive owned it for years now and no crappy DLC b****x going on here. Payed about €10 for pre release copy and have not had to pay a penny since. All updates have been free.

Best value ive gotten from any game. Ever.

The modding community keeps the game fresh and interesting as well. Mods are what keeps me coming back

Yeah I bought it after. Pretty much JUST for Westeroscraft. I've always wanted to see what it's like :D

What would be the best mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Most of the time now i use launchers,basically third party launcher that loads all the mods into the game for you automatically. Save messing with .rar's and class files etc

The best launcher IMO is FTB,followed by the ATLauncher.

Both offer many different mod packs which you can just pick and choose from and can have as many packs as you want installed. You can even edit each modpack individually through the launcher to tailor it to what you want. While they dont have every mod on the launchers,they have a very good selection.

Magic Mods are very popular at the moment,the likes of: Thaumcraft,ARS Magica and Blood Magic. Plenty of depth to them and the end game items you get are quality.

FTB Launcher: www.feed-the-beast.com/launcher

ATLauncher: www.atlauncher.com/

Advertisement