Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing a stripped screw from a phone?

Options
  • 03-08-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Having some trouble removing a screw from a phone as the head is completely stripped. its basically round. How do i go about removing it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Having some trouble removing a screw from a phone as the head is completely stripped. its basically round. How do i go about removing it?

Hammer and nail worked for me before, got the idea off a YouTube video. That was for an iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Try a pick axe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Kangoo hammer is yer man.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Hammer and nail worked for me before, got the idea off a YouTube video. That was for an iphone.

How in the world did you use a hammer on an IPhone?

magentis wrote: »
    Kangoo hammer is yer man.

it'd be more than the screw coming out...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How in the world did you use a hammer on an IPhone?

Really gentle taps and it worked a treat. I'll try dig out the video now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What phone is it? and what size screw?

Try the next size up screwdriver

Really gentle taps and it worked a treat. I'll try dig out the video now

Cheers Mate!

Davy wrote: »
    What phone is it? and what size screw?

Try the next size up screwdriver

Nokia lumia 520

it takes t4 and t5 tried all of them but the head is round

Cheers Mate!

Can't find it but it was a polish lad and basically you place the iPhone (power button on the hard surface) on a hard surface with a cloth under it. Place a screw into the rounded screw and tap it a few times. The vibrations cause the screw to turn itself enough so you can grab it and turn it with a pliers. It worked a treat for me but I will keep searching for you :)

• Advertisement

Can't find it but it was a polish lad and basically you place the iPhone (power button on the hard surface) on a hard surface with a cloth under it. Place a screw into the rounded screw and tap it a few times. The vibrations cause the screw to turn itself enough so you can grab it and turn it with a pliers. It worked a treat for me but I will keep searching for you :)

Cheers lad, will try that tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Have you tried micro flat screw drivers, they would surely jam into some corner of the damaged t.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nokia lumia 520

it takes t4 and t5 tried all of them but the head is round

I thought the 520 was only T4 and not 5. Their is two lengths but both are T4 Those screws are also one use, and are meant to be binned when removed.

Is it just one? You could drill the head off to remove the case, then may be able to grab the shaft of the screw and remove with a pliers and get a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Advertisement