Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Front end scraping/grinding noise

Options
  • 03-08-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I have a 2006 Audi A4, recently got it serviced and they replaced some bushings and brake pads etc.
    Since then at low speeds I can hear a grinding noise from the front right of the car.
    I can also feel a slight vibration when braking and turning left at the same time. I contacted the garage and they said to leave it for a while as it could be the brake pad "bedding in" but I thought this would have happened by now yet the noise persists.
    Just thought I'd get your advice as I'm sure someone here knows something which may be causing this.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mphalo1

sounds like the brake pads arent seated correctly in the caliber if the noise only came in straight after the work was carried out as I'm sure the would have checked wheel bearings and all when they had the car ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Soberts

did they replace the brake disk when they did that job? could be a slightly warped disk, but presumably you would have had a slight vibration before the work was done too if this was the case.
    Also it usually takes a good few miles for the brakes to bed in, take it for an aggressive drive up the mountains and it will get the job done much quicker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Jesus Soberts, are you trying to kill him??? up the mountains with soft brakes...

if there is a big lip on the disc then they probably should have been changed. Another way around this is to chamfer the pads on both sides, basically sand or file away some of the pad on both top and bottom. this stops the pads from catching on the lip and allow more of the pad to contact the disc from the start.

if you have a concern about the car then return to the garage and ask them to inspect the brakes, just to be sure. Tell them your a nervious driver and they'd be putting your mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Soberts

Jesus Soberts, are you trying to kill him??? up the mountains with soft brakes...

Haha no not trying to kill him, just means you can break harshly and there is nobody behind you to annoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭mphalo1

did you find out what was wrong

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

mphalo1 wrote: »
    did you find out what was wrong

R.I.P. ;):D

Advertisement