Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New NCD hills thread

Options
  • 03-08-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Planning a spin up this way in the next couple days. I know a few of the roads up here but some I defo do not. I'll be heading up hills at Ardgillan, the oen our of Balrothery heading up that way, Hollywood (I'm sure it's known as something else locally), both sides of Snowtown in the Naul. Have come across the Balrickard climb in an older thread. Anything I'm missing. I hear Bellewstown is a must but not sure the exact road here. Where do I go from Snowtown, and is there a particular road to attack this climb etc.?

and I used to fear climbing....

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Man O' War from 3 directions - Balrothery, from the South and past Courtlough. The Nags Head from the 5 Roads

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Cheers, will seek them out. They're all easy enough to add.

Re Bellewstown - will I come across it going straight from the Naul over Snowtown and straight on thru the cross roads or do I need to head to to Stamullen to hit this climb?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

This is it. Start north, head south.
    https://goo.gl/maps/VZ7le

Thanks, have my route in my head now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DD Mikasa wrote: »
    Planning a spin up this way in the next couple days. I know a few of the roads up here but some I defo do not. I'll be heading up hills at Ardgillan, the oen our of Balrothery heading up that way, Hollywood (I'm sure it's known as something else locally), both sides of Snowtown in the Naul. Have come across the Balrickard climb in an older thread. Anything I'm missing. I hear Bellewstown is a must but not sure the exact road here. Where do I go from Snowtown, and is there a particular road to attack this climb etc.?

and I used to fear climbing....
    DD Mikasa wrote: »
    Cheers, will seek them out. They're all easy enough to add.

Re Bellewstown - will I come across it going straight from the Naul over Snowtown and straight on thru the cross roads or do I need to head to to Stamullen to hit this climb?
    Apologies for being pedantic but Snowtown and Bellewstown ain't in NCD. Once you cross the bridge in Naul, you're in the Royal county!

• Advertisement

Ok I will avoid them so!! :-)

Advertisement