Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Hut

Options
  • 03-08-2014 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

We were getting take out pizza for dinner tonight, we called up Pizza Hut to order two large pizzas. They were close to €20 each for 10 slices.
    We didn't buy there as apache were €10 each.
    How can pizza hit justify close to 20 quid for a pizza.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

We were getting take out pizza for dinner tonight, we called up Pizza Hut to order two large pizzas. They were close to €20 each for 10 slices.

They're better than apache? I found hair in my apache pizza once..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

GrayFox208 wrote: »

I don't care if they were the best pizza in the world. ( which their not) nearly €20 for a 13.5" pizza is scandalous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Well thats the apache for ya

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

They were after scalping someone, its to be expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Il assume it was free though!! Pizza Hut charge you for hairs!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Who the hell puts hair on pizza? I've heard it all now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Did you look at their menu before you called? If you had then you would have seen that they do an offer for 24.95 for 2 large pizzas or 19.95 for two medium pizzas. Simply put, it's not 20 euro per pizza as you say it is. They always have these offers on and you would be a fool to order any pizza at the menu price when the various deals they do are far better value.

I know about the cheaper Apache offer but I don't think their pizza is as good.

Did you look at their menu before you called? If you had then you would have seen that they do an offer for 24.95 for 2 large pizzas or 19.95 for two medium pizzas. Simply put, it's not 20 euro per pizza as you say it is. They always have these offers on and you would be a fool to order any pizza at the menu price when the various deals they do are far better value.

I know about the cheaper Apache offer but I don't think their pizza is as good.

Me neither, honestly think it's the most bland pizza I've ever had.

Pizza hut are still cheaper than dominoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Apache is rank! Domino's and Pizza Hut are streets ahead in quality, and with the deals are reasonable enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I don't know why people seem surprised that take away pizza is expensive. The franchise fees are huge to start with and there is the high cost of ingredients.

There is no excuse for not using a premade fresh pizza. They take less than 10 mins to cook and cost like €4 from lidl. They taste as good as a proper Italian pizza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

hfallada wrote: »
    They taste as good as a proper Italian pizza

Evidently you have never tasted a proper Italian pizza.

Rabble rabble Pizza Hut is a rip off rabble rabble apache is cheaper rabble rabble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Much rather Apache than Dominos, Pizza Hut or any of the local places and the fact that it's so much cheaper just makes it all the better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Pizza Hut tastes ****, dominos tastes ****, apache tastes ****.
    If you want good pizza find a good italian restaurant. Normally works out much cheaper than dominos as well

I have been to Italy several times and have Italian friends. You aren't going to get any Italian food as good as Italy in ireland. But these pizzas are pretty close

I have been to Italy several times and have Italian friends. You aren't going to get any Italian food as good as Italy in ireland. But these pizzas are pretty close

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Buddy, i presume you know about this 50% off Domino's thread on Bargain Alerts. I haven't paid 100% for pizza in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They were close to €20 each for 10 slices.

You should have asked for smaller slices, you then could have had 20 slices for €20, bargain !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

hfallada wrote: »
    I don't know why people seem surprised that take away pizza is expensive. The franchise fees are huge to start with and there is the high cost of ingredients.

There is no excuse for not using a premade fresh pizza. They take less than 10 mins to cook and cost like €4 from lidl. They taste as good as a proper Italian pizza

Pre-made fresh frozen pizza from Lidl .. as good as proper Italian pizza.

There is something wrong with those words you put together ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Apache were hte same as all the rest of these annoying junkmail pizza companies. Now they just charge half price as standard. If you are paying full price in the junkmail places you need your head checked.

if you ring up and ask for offers some will do it with not need for a voucher.

pizza hut had 2 for 1 here, not sure if the code still works

https://www.facebook.com/PizzaHutDelivery/photos/pb.298429413791.-2207520000.1407242879./10152572673873792/?type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xfp1%2Ft1.0-9%2F10383111_10152572673873792_2569128715163075335_n.jpg&size=403%2C403&fbid=10152572673873792

Even at half price I find most expensive for what it costs to make. I prefer takeaways that do not think I'm an idiot, and who do not make me go rooting through my green bin to pay the correct going rate. There is a reason Italian chippers have queues down the street when they have their halfprice day -because its a genuine offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ntcoffice

You're all missing out - Midnight Express on Dorset Street do a 16" Pizza for €9.95 and it's all fresh stuff too. And I think they're Italians as well. It tastes like the pizza you get in Italy.

Advertisement