Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pippa O'Connor (Ormond?)'s dress still for sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

A quick google of her wedding shows that dress with those exact modifications was her wedding dress. I think if i had a designer dress I'd probably try to re sell it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

I think it could be difficult to sell that particular dress as it would have been widely photographed and is quite recognisable. While I'm sure lots of brides might not object to wearing a second hand dress they may not want everyone to know who wore it before and be able to compare how the two brides looked in it and things like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bobsammy wrote: »
    I think it could be difficult to sell that particular dress as it would have been widely photographed and is quite recognisable. While I'm sure lots of brides might not object to wearing a second hand dress they may not want everyone to know who wore it before and be able to compare how the two brides looked in it and things like that.

I think that might be the problem unfortunately. A lot of girls probably liked her dress a lot (I know I did) but there's few who will look like she did (figure wise) in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Wow! That site is an eye opener.
    Some people pay more for a wedding dress than I spend on clothes in my whole life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Jesus protect me there's a Vera Wang for sale there and she paid 12000 for it new!!!!!! A lovely brand new car!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I know! Mad.

Sure her dress was about €5k I think! I'd say she'd prefer if she had that in her pocket now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Jesus protect me there's a Vera Wang for sale there and she paid 12000 for it new!!!!!! A lovely brand new car!!!!

and it's not half as nice as some of the cheaper ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

amdublin wrote: »
    http://www.sellmyweddingdress.net/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1364:monique-lhuillier&Itemid=103

Watching I found the gown - Vows wedding store, discounted dresses - and got me thinking did Pippa ever sell her dress.

It's a dress for someone tall and thin! She's 5ft 9, wore 5in heels and it's a size 8.

Oh yes she bought it in Kleinfelds, didn't she?

Did she, I did not know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Much nicer with the sleeves imho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

amdublin wrote: »
    Did she, I did not know that.

She wasn't featured on "Say Yes to the Dress"

There was a documentary about the lead up to their wedding and it showed her travelling to NY to get her dress

Advertisement