Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating an app via Playstore causes app shortcut icon to vanish.

Options
  • 03-08-2014 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

I notice that if I update an app via the Playstore, that app's shortcut icon vanishes off my screen. The only way to get it back is to uninstall and then reinstall the app. Bit of a nuisance really. Any fixes?

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus running Android version 4.2.2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Are you sure it isn't still in app drawer? Sometimes an icon vanishes for me but I simply pull it back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

That can sometimes happen when the app has an updated icon or simelar (I'm not sure of the exact circumstances under which it can occur). As Cydoniac suggested, it should still be in the app drawer, so you can simply go there and drag it onto your desktop again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Cheers guys. Never thought of going into the app drawer. Will do this when there's an update again and the icon may vanish.

First Android phone and haven't had it that long........

Advertisement