Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German craft beer

Options
  • 03-08-2014 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

So, I'm in Berlin for the next two days. I've been enjoying the beer, but have only had two German 'craft beers', Josef's pils and Hops & Barley dunkeles from the H&B microbrewery. There's a good beer shop down the road, so was looking for any recommendations people may have ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Have you visited Hopfenreich?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Passed by it today, but wasn't able to stop, unfortunately ... worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I was there last week. Hops'n'Barley had a nice IPA on (and a nice burger place straight across the street.

I also had a red ale and pils from another brewery whose name escapes me. I was at a beer fest. so there were a lot of specials on, but I get the impression a lot of the breweries don't stray too far from pils and weiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I was there last week. Hops'n'Barley had a nice IPA on (and a nice burger place straight across the street.

I also had a red ale and pils from another brewery whose name escapes me. I was at a beer fest. so there were a lot of specials on, but I get the impression a lot of the breweries don't stray too far from pils and weiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

sarkozy wrote: »
    Passed by it today, but wasn't able to stop, unfortunately ... worth it?

Never been but from what I've heard and read it's the place to be in Berlin if you like local and world craft beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭finatron

German is a great beer county but a little too traditional for the craft beer fan some smaller craft beer brewers are opening but having such a tradition of beer it's hard to do something new there.

Advertisement