Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is bike computer mount, wire and magnet universal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

In my experience of using Cateye computers, I have never found them to be interchangable. If the device is the exact same shape and size as the replacement then you might have a chance, but if the shape is different then I would say the mount will be different too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

It would be safe to say that the magnet is just that? A magnet would do any cycle computer? ala cadence/speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Magnets can be interchanged between different brands of computer/meters. The mounts and sensors generally aren't but should be compatible with other computers from the same brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

I'm after replacing my wheels and have had trouble getting the computer to work (halfords 7 function one I think) ever since. Can't find the manual but I presume it's something to do with the magnet yoke and the way it's fitted on the new wheel

Anyone any ideas?

Advertisement