Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WP as primary handset ?

Options
  • 02-08-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Was wondering about this, and it came up in a recent post by Jimmynokia.

How many people use WP as their ONLY device ?

Do you use WP as your only smartphone ? 46 votes

Use only WP as my daily handset
    0% 0 votes
    Use WP along with an Android handset
    86% 40 votes
    Use WP along with an iPhone
    10% 5 votes
    I have handset issues - use all three main mobile OS regularly
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

me - have been using a windows phone since last Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 28,733 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I actually have 2 of them - one for me, and one for the office.. Both 1320s

Have a 520 and an unlocked/debranded AT&T 920 in a drawer too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭g0g

Me! In recent years went N95, N97, L800, L920.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I bought a 625 in the hope of it being my primary handset. Its just not up to it. So, I'm still using a little gingerbread android handset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

0lddog wrote: »
    I bought a 625 in the hope of it being my primary handset. Its just not up to it. So, I'm still using a little gingerbread android handset.

Love my 625, for 99€, it does everything I need it to, not sure what requirements you have that's testing it but if it's not up to it, not many,if any, cheap phones out there that would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Yes me. Recently switched over from Android. Have owned an iPhone in past too. Windows is my favorite of the lot can't see myself going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

WP as primary.

Symbian S60 as secondary.

4 or 5 other phones also in use, neither android nor iphone. Just simple non-smartphones. ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I did try to switch the WP as my main phone, have a nokia 920.
    It's fairly decent and snappy, but the lack of a few key apps and the sulggish browser made me move back to android (HTC one/Nexus 5) as my main phone, with the 920 being the second one now.

8.1 update has improved a few things, but still not up to the functionality of the newer android IMO..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I did try to switch the WP as my main phone, have a nokia 920.
    It's fairly decent and snappy, but the lack of a few key apps and the sulggish browser made me move back to android (HTC one/Nexus 5) as my main phone, with the 920 being the second one now.

8.1 update has improved a few things, but still not up to the functionality of the newer android IMO..

It was the fact that the android browser was so sluggish that caused me to move to WP and I can honestly say I have never looked back. Even my high end (at the time) HTC one x slowed to a crawl when browsing, texting etc.
    But tbf I don't use many apps so can't say I am missing any of them on WP

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I use chrome on my HTC/Nexus and it's a good bit faster than IE on the Nokia.
    Haven't found a comparable browser on WP.
    Cube browser is defo faster, but a bit flakey and crashes

On the apps I don't use a whole lot, but the ones I use are either not available or are a poor cousin to the Android ones,...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've used mine since before Xmas. I really love the speed and ease of use vs android. Love the Nokia Apps. But I have a couple of issues that annoy me. A lot of the Windows Apps seem half finished compared to the Android/IOS versions. WP is improving, just very slowly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Recently switched over to using a 630 as my only phone. I had been using the original Google Nexus for years and just fancied a change. I was curious about WP, liked the orange colour and it was relatively cheap at €99. Really just use it for calls/texts/whatsapp, all my browsing/Netflix/apps would be done on the Nexus 7 tablet when at home.

I'm really liking the 8.1 OS though, nice and simple to use, fresh looking too. The only negative I have is the lack of flash with the camera, but that's an issue with the 630 rather than WP itself.

Advertisement