Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avonmore protein milk

Options
  • 02-08-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

How much of this should I drink a day

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

ducky9 wrote: »

Depends on how much cornflakes u eat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Milk with protein - who've thunk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Wudnt of happened on ecolis shift

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

ducky9 wrote: »

Didn't think ducks drank milk :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

i prefer calcium milk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It seems to be the new things for the gym guys who wear ankle length elasticated tracksuit bottoms with white socks, you always see them walking around after their session with a carton of this stuff in their hands now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

@OP

My advice would be if you are worried about your protein intake look to other sources (protein shake/ bars etc) This product is a marketing tool pushed towards sports people (and in particular GAA players) given the recent rise in Paleo and protein becoming a buzz word.

They have added casein and whey which are derived from, you guessed it, milk and slapped a low fat label on it (which usually is replaced by high sugar content).

It's expensive for what it is and is just a way on Glanbia trying to capatlize on recent trends

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

A litre of standard milk has around 35 grammes of protein and 45 grammes of lactose(carbohydrate) along with around 40 grammes of fat. I say around because the constituent levels literally change with the weather. What is the protein level of this protein milk? Is whey protein that much more available than the unmodified protein in unprocessed milk? I'm actually talking against myself here as the more milk ye drink the higher the demand for my product.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

A litre of standard milk has around 35 grammes of protein and 45 grammes of lactose(carbohydrate) along with around 40 grammes of fat. I say around because the constituent levels literally change with the weather. What is the protein level of this protein milk? Is whey protein that much more available than the unmodified protein in unprocessed milk? I'm actually talking against myself here as the more milk ye drink the higher the demand for my product.

Yeh jezzzz shut up, milk is brilliant, drink loads of it everyone, and yas will all get pbs :p (coming from another dairy farmer here! )

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ecoli wrote: »
    This product is a marketing tool pushed towards sports people (and in particular GAA players) given the recent rise in Paleo and protein becoming a buzz word.

you ain't kidding!
    Quick look at http://proteinmilk.ie/ confirms its clearly targeted at gaa, this is compounded by the fact that they are giving money to the GAA for each sold.

All a big marketing cycle for Avonmore and the GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

Cabaal wrote: »
    you ain't kidding!
    Quick look at http://proteinmilk.ie/ confirms its clearly targeted at gaa, this is compounded by the fact that they are giving money to the GAA for each sold.

What I read want to see on that website is missing: the nutrition analysis...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

echancrure wrote: »

yeah I spotted that too, it says 50% more protein but no details on fat etc. Piss poor website

here's the info on the main website though
    http://www.avonmore.ie/our-range/our-products-milk/avonmore-protein-milk

versus standard milk
    http://www.avonmore.ie/our-range/our-products-milk/avonmore-fresh-milk

echancrure wrote: »

Avonmore protein milk nutrition and price: http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=284071181

Tesco Low Fat Milk nutrition and price:
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250004481

So the protein milk is a Euro dearer, has 5.1g of protein instead of 3.6g and that's about it.

Still cheaper than recovery drinks out there, but I'll stick with the the simpler stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Why not just buy the regular milk and some whey protein powder and mix it up if you want to have a protein milky thingy? Probably be cheaper.
    Better off trying to source extra protein from natural unprocessed sources, ie food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Timmaay wrote: »
    Yeh jezzzz shut up, milk is brilliant, drink loads of it everyone, and yas will all get pbs :p (coming from another dairy farmer here! )

You'd want to be getting it before it gets to the bulk tank !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Finnt wrote: »
    You'd want to be getting it before it gets to the bulk tank !

I should be bottling the stuff outa the few jersey cross cows we got, their protein is much higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

This stuff tastes like that godawful low fat/slimline stuff. They shouldn't have reduced the fat content, should have just added protein to full fat milk, at least it'd taste decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Timmaay wrote: »
    I should be bottling the stuff outa the few jersey cross cows we got, their protein is much higher.

Stick an Inbhear Dee Sticker on the bottles and get it endorsed by Ro and Steph

What is needed is a milk based product that you can take to the gym (no need to keep it cold)

Advertisement