Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could heavy rain cause a Tamper Bell Box alert?

Options
  • 02-08-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Last night at about 5.30 the internal alarm started buzzing (long steady buzz). The alarm was not armed at the time. I entered the code and the alarm stopped internally, but as soon as it did i noticed the outside bell was going off.

After about 15/20 mins the bell started to fade off like batteries were dying in it, until it died eventually and stopped sounding.

The alarm is a Scopetronic Homeguard keypad, not sure of the other details

The alarm keypad flashes between U and TB which i understand is tamper bell box alert. I cant see the box from my apartment, but its 3 stories up and not near any neighbours windows, and there was no one outside with a ladder when I had a look out the windows so I dont think anyone was physically at the box

Could heavy rain cause this error? It was pouring down last night.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

grodge wrote: »
    Last night at about 5.30 the internal alarm started buzzing (long steady buzz). The alarm was not armed at the time. I entered the code and the alarm stopped internally, but as soon as it did i noticed the outside bell was going off.

After about 15/20 mins the bell started to fade off like batteries were dying in it, until it died eventually and stopped sounding.

The alarm is a Scopetronic Homeguard keypad, not sure of the other details

The alarm keypad flashes between U and TB which i understand is tamper bell box alert. I cant see the box from my apartment, but its 3 stories up and not near any neighbours windows, and there was no one outside with a ladder when I had a look out the windows so I dont think anyone was physically at the box

Could heavy rain cause this error? It was pouring down last night.

Thanks in advance.

If water was getting into the bell it could cause a short. When you say it was fading it could also be an issue with the BHO cable going to the bell itself as it sounds like it was just running off the battery till it died.

Advertisement