Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations

Options
  • 02-08-2014 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some recommendations on a vacuum cleaner for the house. Need something that's long lasting, quite powerful and great for getting up all the dog hairs.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

cant go wrong with a henry or if not that a miele cat and dog but its good bit more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

JASOND29 wrote: »
    cant go wrong with a henry or if not that a miele cat and dog but its good bit more expensive

Just noticed I have reconsiderations in the title and not recommendations! :rolleyes:

We've had the cat and dog hoover before and to be honest we found it to be pretty terrible, especially for a hoover directly marketed as being the best thing to get all the hairs.

Is there perhaps a smaller industrial hoover that people would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'd recommend a Miele too, had 3 dysons and they were all pants compared to the miele, great hoover. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

unklerosco wrote: »
    I'd recommend a Miele too, had 3 dysons and they were all pants compared to the miele, great hoover. Highly recommended.

Any particular hoover from them?

We had the cats and dogs one and to be honest it wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭JASOND29

if you dont want a miele try a henry or nilfisk there also a aeg vac thats made for pet hair and i know its excellent too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

you wont get better than the Henry for the money, if you want to go tops get their industrial version the Numatic, that machine is capable of running for an hour virtually non stop without overheating

you wont get better than the Henry for the money, if you want to go tops get their industrial version the Numatic, that machine is capable of running for an hour virtually non stop without overheating
    The cleaner at a place I used to work had one of those. You could hear it running for hours at a time, every once in a while she would actually use it to clean up.

Advertisement