Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding cards - what did you do with them?

Options
  • 02-08-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

I'm on a cleaning binge right now and am unsure what to do with all our lovely cards. At the best of times I'm a softie and a slight hoarder so am not keen on dumping the cards - we got such lovely messages from everyone! But gah, there's a giant pile of cards right there on the table in my way!

Is there some kind of memory box/cheap photo album thing I could put together? Any ideas welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

I would keep the most important ones; family and close friends, ones with nice messages etc and get a nice box for them. Dunno if there's such thing as a protective cover for them? It'd be worth looking into!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

I know I bought my sister a keepsake box for about €30. It was in wedding world in Galway a couple of years back but I spotted them in Guineys after that even cheaper. She put her cards, place names, table plan, etc into it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

In a clear plastic storage box in the attic I have kept all wedding cards, copy of menu and invite, veil, tiara, handbag I used and a few more bits like that.
    No real reason fur keeping other than giving the kids a laugh in the future .
    Have also kept christening cards and menus and a few baby outfits.
    And recently I added a few examples of playschool artwork and copies from jnr & snr infants.
    I'm pretty much ruthless at throwing everything else out but you have to keep a few memories .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I have a wedding keepsake box with our names and date of our wedding done in calligraphy on the inside lid. In it I have:

All the RSVP cards
    All the wedding day cards and Mass cards sent by friends in London.
    Cards we got when we got engaged.
    My husband's pocket square and buttonhole (Silk, as he has hay fever!)
    Box of rose petals my SiL gave me when she found out she couldn't throw them.
    An Eeyore mascot with horseshoe given to me by friends in London.
    A Horseshoe and garter in a box given to me by my Mum.
    Copies of our invitations, Evening invitations, and Mass booklet.
    Our 1st Anniversary cards from family.

The box came with acid-free tissue paper so that the cards won't yellow with age, and I keep the box in the top of our wardrobe. In fact, I was looking for something yesterday, and had to take the box out. Of course, we spent time looking through it and reminiscing about the day! :D

I'd get a nice box, some acid-free tissue paper and keep them!

Advertisement