Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

Options
  • 01-08-2014 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im 18 and i just got my learner permit. Neither of my parents drive. I was wondering what would be a rough estimate of the insurance i would have to pay. I havent got any quotes cause i wont be buying a car for a while now but if so it would be something small. and any recommendations for first cars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

A car with a small engine would be your best bet e.g a corsa, yaris, micra etc. The smaller the engine, the lower the tax and generally the lower the insurance. I have a 1.0 petrol opel corsa and it does me grand!
    Your first insurance quote is gonna be massive regardless because of lack of experience and your age etc. Again, a car with a smaller engine generally means a lower quote but you'd still be looking around 2000 for a quote in my experience.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

There are no shortcuts - ring a few companies and brokers. Then ring a few more. You could also try a few online underwriters.

Advertisement