Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Up Android

Options
  • 01-08-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

I've just ordered a Samsung S5 which will be delivered early next week. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and want to copy all apps, contacts etc to the new phone. I know that I can sync my google account to the new phone but can anyone recommend the best way to copy apps to the new device?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

if they are installed from google play or amazon apps they should be in your my apps part.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dara1234

can you transfer the .apk files over to the new phone from your pc? (if the old phone was backed up on the pc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

do you mean data files or the actual apk files? they should be in google play or amazon app store wherever you got them from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Your new device will automatically install your apps as long as they're in Google play and you have back up on in your account settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Google contacts will sync to your new phone, make sure all your contacts are saved as Google contacts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

tonc76 wrote: »
    I've just ordered a Samsung S5 which will be delivered early next week. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and want to copy all apps, contacts etc to the new phone. I know that I can sync my google account to the new phone but can anyone recommend the best way to copy apps to the new device?

Thanks
    Google will backup your contacts, photos (with Google+ Photos), preferences (WiFi networks etc) but for everything else, I suggest Helium in the Play Store (formally Carbon). It works with a Desktop app so no root is required and backs up your installed apps data / saves / settings as well as messages, call logs, bookmarks etc. either locally, SD, PC or Google Drive.

Note: All currently installed apps will reinstall on your new photo once you sign in with your Google Account. After this, then you can use Helium to restore your essential app data so you won't be backing up the whole app (APK) especially since some different versions might be available / not available for the larger screen S5.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

Hi,
    Samsung have an app Smart Switch try it.

Advertisement