Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BWT800 problems

Options
  • 31-07-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,
    Anyone having problems playing back or copying Blu ray or DVD titles recorded on BWT 800/700 or similar?
    My 800 is seriously misbehaving tonight. When I tried to copy a title from Bluray to HDD, it seemed to be working but failed at the end. Got error message saying to check the disc for scratches. I assumed this was the Bluray disc but got the same problem with other discs so maybe not.
    The next time I turned on the machine, with no disc inserted, it went into a self check mode before finally starting up. So sounds like it's more than disc-related. Think Ill look into cleaning the lens and/or spindle.
    Any of this sound familiar to anyone? Machine is just over a year old (refurbished model) and used a lot.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tomasdeb

Update:

Machine got stuck on HELLO when powering up this morning. Started at second attempt - eventually. Also got a failed recording last night. However, the machine was on standby so the failure could be related to the machine not powering up rather than to the recording itself.

Main problems are playback from DVD and BD and the machine will not copy from BD to HDD. The following message appears when attempting to copy:
    Copying was unsuccessful.
    There may be scratches or dirt on the disc.
    Please check the recordable surface of the disc.

Any ideas what this means? What disc may be scratched - getting the same message with various discs?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

The message Dirty Disk referred to the dvd or blu-ray blank you are trying to record to. It looks to me that you may have a problem with the disk drive in your machine but I am no expert. I got a lot of these type of messages on store bought blank media bought here in Ireland.Bread new disks may record or may give the above message.After doing some research I settled on both Verbatim Dvds and Blu-rays as I record a lot on my two machines for my son working in Mexico but I suspect that it is not just the blank media that is your problem. I have had some dealings with a man here in Cork who fixed the drive on one of my recorders and he informed me that he is the only official autorised Panasonic repair agent here on the island of Ireland. Posting his details here may be against the rules but if you want the details just PM me. Tmull

Advertisement