Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happens if my boyfriend moves in?

Options
  • 31-07-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i live at home with my parents and sister, my dad works but my mom doesnt so we dont make alot of money but we are ok. i work part time and i get welfare payments for the days i dont work and my sister doesnt work so she gets welfare too. I want my boyfriend to move in because his current living situation isnt great, hes 21 and un-employed, he gets welfare based on where he lives now, i was wondering if he moves to my house what effect will this have on his welfare? will he get it based on my dads wages or will he not be allowed to claim because he isnt family? if ny one has ny answers i wud really appreciate it, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

lorspants wrote: »
    i live at home with my parents and sister, my dad works but my mom doesnt so we dont make alot of money but we are ok. i work part time and i get welfare payments for the days i dont work and my sister doesnt work so she gets welfare too. I want my boyfriend to move in because his current living situation isnt great, hes 21 and un-employed, he gets welfare based on where he lives now, i was wondering if he moves to my house what effect will this have on his welfare? will he get it based on my dads wages or will he not be allowed to claim because he isnt family? if ny one has ny answers i wud really appreciate it, thanks

You and your boyfriend become a couple and are assessed as such, i.e. your income will effect his rate of payment. Yous can both keep your claims or one of yous can claim for the other person.

I'd suggest that yous both keep your claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Also if your parents earnings are currently assessed as means against your claim then this will stop as you are a family within a family for sw purposes.

Advertisement