Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking meters on Main street.

Options
  • 31-07-2014 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

The clock on the parking meter on Main Street is 15 minutes slow as per printout, what's the story ? anybody. Am I due back 25c as I paid €1 for one hour parking. In other words my hour was up 45 minutes after I put my money in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭boris232

The clock on the parking meter on Main Street is 15 minutes slow as per printout, what's the story ? anybody. Am I due back 25c as I paid €1 for one hour parking. In other words my hour was up 45 minutes after I put my money in.

Think that this is a way of them making up for the first 15 or 30 minutes being free. If all the meters on the street are like this then there must be somewhere that this can reported

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Thanks Boris for replying, by that reckoning the clock should be set 15minutes forward so, one gets 75minutes for one's euro rather than 45 minutes. As it's advertised €1 for 1 hour. No phone number or address on the ticket machine that I could see, just the name of the security firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Main Street, where?

Main Street, where?

Should have said, Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

The local council recently took over the responsibility of maintaining main st., so you could approach them about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Going slightly off topic, I was down on main street there last week and I see that there is a lot of "sale agreed" signs on windows. Hopefully they all go through cause its like a ghost town down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭240 Robert

Would be good if they changed the name of "main st", can be a bit confusing for visitors to the town. plus a proper name might give it some character/warmth (if u get what I mean).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

I confirm that parking meters are 15 minutes wrong but no clamping is ongoing at present and the place is going to be ghost street when LIDL move to Cloncollig.
    Closing down sale in Carroll's menswear absolutely, positively ends at end of August.

When is Lidl moving or is it just a rumour ? A lot of the buildings on the street are looking a bit dilapidated, sign of the times I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

Phil_Lives wrote: »
    I confirm that parking meters are 15 minutes wrong but no clamping is ongoing at present and the place is going to be ghost street when LIDL move to Cloncollig.
    Closing down sale in Carroll's menswear absolutely, positively ends at end of August.

Which August?;)
    I understand he owns the property so it makes no sense to actually close. If he does its a real shame as they have nice stuff and Pat C is a gentleman (no relation etc btw)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

this august. information current as of two days ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Phil_Lives wrote: »
    this august. information current as of two days ago.

I don't think they are moving to Cloncollig, that planning application on the old Carroll meats site is for a new Lidl.

Advertisement