Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phonewatch simon system

Options
  • 31-07-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all I'm renting a house with an phone watch box, from looking at posts I believe its called a Simon box??

Is it possible to change the groups of sensors?

Who ever set it up has the kitchen motion sensor linked to windows and doors and would like it under motion sensors so my other half can have the alarm on during the night when I'm on shift so she can still roam the house. Any ideas?

Cheers

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi all I'm renting a house with an phone watch box, from looking at posts I believe its called a Simon box??

Is it possible to change the groups of sensors?

Who ever set it up has the kitchen motion sensor linked to windows and doors and would like it under motion sensors so my other half can have the alarm on during the night when I'm on shift so she can still roam the house. Any ideas?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,
    It is usually set up this way when windows have no sensors on them.
    Is this the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chris.bwell

There are no window sensors no. Just front door, backdoor into conservatory and conservatory into garden. Motion sensors in kitchen, frontroom and upstairs hall.

The hall and front room are set up under motion sensors.

Hope this helps
    altor wrote: »
    Hi Chris,
    It is usually set up this way when windows have no sensors on them.
    Is this the case?

There are no window sensors no. Just front door, backdoor into conservatory and conservatory into garden. Motion sensors in kitchen, frontroom and upstairs hall.

The hall and front room are set up under motion sensors.

Hope this helps

The reason for this is contacts on a door or window offers no protection other than if they are opened.
    If you take the pir out of this setting then it is off when only windows are armed. The only time it will be set is when you have a full set on.

If you want it this way I can tell you what group it needs to be set on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 chris.bwell

If you could that would be great, as when we are not in we have full Windows/doors and motion sensors on. (No pets to set alarms off). So only time we wouldn't require motion sensors is when she's home alone and wants that little bit more security ya know.

As a side question is it expensive for additional sensors for the windows?
    altor wrote: »
    The reason for this is contacts on a door or window offers no protection other than if they are opened.
    If you take the pir out of this setting then it is off when only windows are armed. The only time it will be set is when you have a full set on.

If you want it this way I can tell you what group it needs to be set on?

If you could that would be great, as when we are not in we have full Windows/doors and motion sensors on. (No pets to set alarms off). So only time we wouldn't require motion sensors is when she's home alone and wants that little bit more security ya know.

As a side question is it expensive for additional sensors for the windows?

For prices on system devices you would need to check with suppliers of these sensors.
    Here is a link to the suppliers.

You need to delete the sensors and enroll them again.
    To do this you need to drop the front lid on the control panel and enter the engineer code. I will send you a P.M. re the code.

When you enter the engineer code the system will say, please select from start menu.

Press, delete, sensor (press sensor till you come to the sensor you want to delete) then press done.

To enroll, press add sensor (open and close the sensor, you should hear a beep) then press the sensor button till you hear the name you want to give the device, then done. Enter group, 17 done.

Close up panel and test.

• Advertisement
Advertisement