Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for apprenticeship in farrier

Options
  • 31-07-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi
    My stepson is looking for someone to take him on as an apprentice farrier. He is working with his cousin, a farrier at the moment but unfortunately he hasn't enough work to take him on. He will vouch for him and his skills so far.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

miss_daisy wrote: »
    Hi
    My stepson is looking for someone to take him on as an apprentice farrier. He is working with his cousin, a farrier at the moment but unfortunately he hasn't enough work to take him on. He will vouch for him and his skills so far.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Keep an eye on irish field. I sometimes see adds there.

Is he willing to travel.? As local farriers don't usually take on local apprentices. As they don't want to do themselves out of business when the apprentice qualifies!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭miss_daisy

monflat wrote: »
    Keep an eye on irish field. I sometimes see adds there.

Is he willing to travel.? As local farriers don't usually take on local apprentices. As they don't want to do themselves out of business when the apprentice qualifies!

Yes, he's willing to travel or relocate as required. Thanks for your help, I'll google irish field now and have a look.

Hopefully something will turn up!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

or even put an ad in the field, its 17euro for one week, make sure you email the wording though, as they messed up mine called out over the phone! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Lucy Anne

I saw an ad on done deal of a farrier looking for an apprentice in the last few days. It's in one of the horse sections so check them all, like noticeboard, equestrian, horses and services. I think it's out west or north.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

where are you based??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 obrienc1

Hi Miss_Daisy,
    Did your stepson find a farrier apprenticeship, im looking for someone with some experience, the position would be based in cork.

Advertisement