Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc installation questions

Options
  • 31-07-2014 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

hi anyone any advice on these

1)on my front door i have an inertia sensor and a magnetic contact .they are hkc contacts i have a 4 core cable ran to it there is no connections on the magnetic contact its just a magnet they are cabled as follows

at the panel its red black for alarm and blue yellow for tamper

in the inertia sensor it is

1-2 (inner) are tamper/blue yellow
    3-4 alarm /red black
    5-6 (outer) are reed/ loop

on the panel they are set to non eol and entry exit but on walk test the door can be openned and no internal bell what is the problem here ?

2) my back door and window are connected in series , both have magnets and are as follows

on first sensor (2 cables ) i have twisted the yellows together
    the 2 blues into 1-2
    the reds into 3-4
    the black 5-6

on the second
    1-2 tamper/ blue and yellow
    3-5 are alarm / red black
    4-6 are looped

the zone is set to non eol and alarm

but on walk test neither of the inertia work and only the first magnet (on the door ) activates the bell. so again whats the problem here .

any help would be greatly appreciated .

its a hkc sw 1070 and all contacts are hkc
    i have used no resistors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

Process of elimination.
    Can you disconnect one of the red or blacks in the sensor and see if that opens the front door zone?

Have you got the loop cable going across the two outer connections?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 the gavel

Thanks altor

Prossess of elimination was right I tried loads of different combinations and then discov the sensor was backwards and would not read the magnet.

Quick fix really . Think everything is working now . Thanks to some of your previous posts.

I'm going to be fitting the gsm- q over the weekend and then I want to hook up to the lights and heating so you will probably hear from me again

the gavel wrote: »
    Thanks altor

Prossess of elimination was right I tried loads of different combinations and then discov the sensor was backwards and would not read the magnet.

Quick fix really . Think everything is working now . Thanks to some of your previous posts.

I'm going to be fitting the gsm- q over the weekend and then I want to hook up to the lights and heating so you will probably hear from me again

Glad you got it sorted.
    More than happy to help so let us know :)

Advertisement