Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding band advice Lanzarote

Options
  • 31-07-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys
    Really hoping someone out there can help me, looking for advice on wedding bands/DJs in lanzarote for my wedding in October? I'm not using a wedding planner and am really struggling to find a suitable band in lanzarote. There's not much up to date information online, A lot of bands seem to only be able to play till 9.30 as they have regular gigs in pubs every night or will only deal with wedding planners.
    I'm looking for a band that will do modern/classic rock, a bit of pop and will also be able do do a few slower tunes for the romantic ones or the older folks.
    Might have to resort to a DJ but I am worried it won't create as good an atmosphere?
    Any advice would be most welcome?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Beagslife

Barkey wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Really hoping someone out there can help me, looking for advice on wedding bands/DJs in lanzarote for my wedding in October? I'm not using a wedding planner and am really struggling to find a suitable band in lanzarote. There's not much up to date information online, A lot of bands seem to only be able to play till 9.30 as they have regular gigs in pubs every night or will only deal with wedding planners.
    I'm looking for a band that will do modern/classic rock, a bit of pop and will also be able do do a few slower tunes for the romantic ones or the older folks.
    Might have to resort to a DJ but I am worried it won't create as good an atmosphere?
    Any advice would be most welcome?
    Thanks in advance

Hi Barkey,

Rory and the Island

Give Rory a shout. If he can't help, I'm sure he could put you in touch with some decent musicians.

Good luck with the wedding.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

Have you thought about asking any bands from here if they'd go over? I used to live in lanza and I know if my hubby's band wasnt already booked they'd be interested in going so we could visit friends at the same time, so you never know it's worth asking. But I do think you have a hard job getting sorted too, unless one of the others have a night off, I know 2 of the wedding planners and they do the package deal that's why you can't get the band seperate. If rory cant help pm me and I can give you a few ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

Have you thought about asking any bands from here if they'd go over? I used to live in lanza and I know if my hubby's band wasnt already booked they'd be interested in going so we could visit friends at the same time, so you never know it's worth asking. But I do think you have a hard job getting sorted too, unless one of the others have a night off, I know 2 of the wedding planners and they do the package deal that's why you can't get the band seperate. If rory cant help pm me and I can give you a few ideas.

Advertisement