Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown plant

Options
  • 31-07-2014 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello. I have an unknown plant that is scrambling around and getting quite big lately. I sprinkled wild flower seed in the flower bed before planting the blue and white flowers that you can see (and there are some spring bulbs underneath too). Is the plant likely to flower/take over everything? Will I leave it or is it a weed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭taffy lulu

More pics

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

buttercup?

Sorry, I don't know how to attach 3 images in one post with my iPad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

imo, creeping buttercup.

Nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Looks like it may be a creeping buttercup (ranunculus). It is a weed and it spreads everywhere. It sends out runners which take root when they touch the ground.
    I would definitely pull it up if it is.

• Advertisement

Thank you all so much. I didn't think of buttercup - but once you said it :o :rolleyes: I'm going to pull it up. Well done and thanks for your help.

Advertisement