Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.ie for content and information

Options
  • 31-07-2014 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

I am involved in some sites at the moment to do with forum information and content, they are doing well. However i have a couple of ideas for a website/mobile app mostly content again, however they will not make money.

My questions is can you register for a .ie domain whereby you are not a business and you don't really sell anything but provide content to users, simplifying tasks etc. Maybe in the future their could be a profit associated with the idea but nothing in the beginning, the app would be providing info free to an Irish audience as well as a service.

With these types of ideas do you still have to register a company name etc. Especially when all i want to do is start with an idea and maybe grow upon this and other ideas in the future.

Like i can register any .com name without company name, so i could set up say donedeal with no costs and work on it over a period of time (just a site i picked off the top of my head)

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Kind Regards
    Fergal.

Comments

Advertisement