Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heffernan get bronze in Euro's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

I hope he gets the medal on a podium the way it should be, not delivered in the post or via some minor official.

Maybe they can do it as part of this year's ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I'm glad he's getting his due recognition, albeit too late.

Maybe AAI can organise a nice ceremony for Heffernan, O'Rourke and McGettigan to receive their bronze medals, followed by a bronze-medal themed night out on the lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Rineanna wrote: »

Maybe AAI can organise a nice ceremony for Heffernan, O'Rourke and McGettigan to receive their bronze medals, followed by a bronze-medal themed night out on the lash.

Yeah and maybe I can get that bronze medal for the 200m in sports day 1994, I know Jimmy Conroy was using, I know it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Rineanna wrote: »

Probably would be byo the way he was treated on his return from London.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

In a funny way, maybe it worked out better than he is only getting this medal now, rather than 4 years ago. Had he won bronze in the 20k in Barca, would he have bothered doing the 50k a few days later? Would his focus have stayed with 20k then for London? Would he have become World Champion in 2013?

Hopefully, in time, he will also get upgraded to bronze for his performance in London.

On a side note, it's a bit of a farce now that Alex Schwarzer will now be upgraded to gold, given the fact he too is a convicted doper. Rob should be getting silver!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Chivito550 wrote: »
    On a side note, it's a bit of a farce now that Alex Schwarzer will now be upgraded to gold, given the fact he too is a convicted doper. Rob should be getting silver!!

Wasn't Schwazer's positive test in 2012, two years after Barcelona?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Wasn't Schwazer's positive test in 2012, two years after Barcelona?

Yeh it was. He was obviously juiced to his eyeballs long before that though. That's the sad thing about doping. Like with Yanit in Barcelona, they have no evidence to suggest they were at it back then, even though we all know they were.

Advertisement