Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question About Batteries Help

Options
  • 31-07-2014 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Hi

Ok im a little confused regarding batteries, i understand omhs law and i only use sony vtc3 30A batteries in my mechs , but im happy to use my lower amp batteries when using a kick.

I have just ordered the sigelei 20w (i know 30w out now, 20 grand for me) anyway here is where im getting confused.

As i understand it the sigelei is a regulated mod , and part of the reason i got it was i thought i could get more use from my Samsung ICR18650-26F 18650 3.7V 2600mAh Rechargeable Lithium batteries , which are rated 5.2A.

Then i read the sigelei requires 8A minimum ?

So my question would be is it safe for me to use above mentioned batteries?

If i were to use say 1.5omh coil on the sigelei at 6v = 4A drain = batteries ok to use ?? or am i miss understanding how the sigelei works.

Im not into sub omh builds , 1omh is as low as i go

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

masonchat wrote: »
    Hi

Ok im a little confused regarding batteries, i understand omhs law and i only use sony vtc3 30A batteries in my mechs , but im happy to use my lower amp batteries when using a kick.

I have just ordered the sigelei 20w (i know 30w out now, 20 grand for me) anyway here is where im getting confused.

As i understand it the sigelei is a regulated mod , and part of the reason i got it was i thought i could get more use from my Samsung ICR18650-26F 18650 3.7V 2600mAh Rechargeable Lithium batteries , which are rated 5.2A.

Then i read the sigelei requires 8A minimum ?

So my question would be is it safe for me to use above mentioned batteries?

If i were to use say 1.5omh coil on the sigelei at 6v = 4A drain = batteries ok to use ?? or am i miss understanding how the sigelei works.

Im not into sub omh builds , 1omh is as low as i go

Thanks for any help

1.5ohm @ 6v won't be possible, the 20w limit won't let it go above 5.4v-ish.
    Those batteries will be fine as long as your builds stay 1ohm or above.

A 0.5ohm build would be stressing the battery too much with 20w needing 6A of current pulling more from the battery but it's being pulsed on and off and filtered smooth to achieve 3.2v from a fresh battery.
    That'd be why they want an 8A battery installed, because even though the device is only serving 6A to the 0.5ohm coil to reach 20w, a fresh battery will be putting out a smidge over 8A with that build and that's being pulsed down to reach the desired wattage.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Thats great to have peace of mind grindle thanks, what would i do without ya (blow myself up obviously) :D

Advertisement