Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Vetting 2014

Options
  • 30-07-2014 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone.

I am currently awaiting Garda vetting for the HSE intern support post. I was offered the position in May and submitted my Garda vetting form in Mid June to the HSE.

As far as I am aware ,the HSE did not send off the Garda vetting form untill the 4th of July until they had received all the successful candidates garda vetting forms.

Has anyone received their garda clearance recenly within the last 3 - 4 months? If so, how long had you been waiting to receive it?

Everyone on boards keeps giving different answers like.......

"oh mine took less than a week"

"oh I know someone who waited a whole year ".

"three weeks"

"four weeks"

"7 months"

Which is it people? lol

As of February 2014 the waiting time for garda vetting was just 6 weeks. I presume this has not changed much since then. So I guess between 6-8 weeks. Although depend on volumes and seasonal demands there is not set guaranteed time frame.

Does anyone have any realiable accurate information about garda vetting waiting times for 2014.

Feedback would be great thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I'm an authorised garda vetting signatory and sign over a thousand forms per year. The current wait time for the vast majority of forms I sign is 1-2 weeks from the moment they leave my desk to the moment they land back in my desk from the Garda Vetting Unit.

Before anyone says it, I don't have any special deal with the Garda Vetting Unit to get my forms processed more quickly than anyone else. The wait time among my peer group of signatories is around the same.

Times can vary, if you've lived in Northern Ireland for example, or if your name is very popular in the area in which you live, but most of mine come back in 1 to 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I'm the only person with my name in Europe, would mine come back really fast?

Advertisement