Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm- need to remove sensors 4 new windows

Options
  • 30-07-2014 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi

I'm getting new windows in and need to remove all sensors. Hope someone can help :-)

Just a couple of questions:
    1. Can I get any alarm installer to do this? I don't know/ have the engineers code.
    2. It's a 3 bed semi, how much should I expect to pay to have this done and have a battery installed?
    The alarm also need a battery, it goes off sometimes and I haven't been using it lately because of this.
    3. How much should I expect to have to pay for the installer to come back and reconnect to new windows?

Any help appreciated! I'm in s.w Dublin.

Thanks!
    Pix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

Pixied wrote: »
    Hi

I'm getting new windows in and need to remove all sensors. Hope someone can help :-)

Just a couple of questions:
    1. Can I get any alarm installer to do this? I don't know/ have the engineers code.
    2. It's a 3 bed semi, how much should I expect to pay to have this done and have a battery installed?
    The alarm also need a battery, it goes off sometimes and I haven't been using it lately because of this.
    3. How much should I expect to have to pay for the installer to come back and reconnect to new windows?

Any help appreciated! I'm in s.w Dublin.

Thanks!
    Pix

You would not need the engineer code to do this and any installer should be able to do this for you. The one thing I would be careful off is some installers are saying that parts are not available. Any global sensor can be added to these systems. We are not allowed give out prices on here but if you contact installers in your area you should get prices to do same.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

Oops sorry I didn't think about that. I wasn't trying to get actual quotes, more get an idea of if I'm being ripped off or not. Thanks for the heads up though, it makes sense :-)

Cheers for the other info also, it's very handy to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

Pixied wrote: »
    Oops sorry I didn't think about that. I wasn't trying to get actual quotes, more get an idea of if I'm being ripped off or not. Thanks for the heads up though, it makes sense :-)

Cheers for the other info also, it's very handy to know.

No problem, any other question let us know :)

Advertisement