Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared postbox problem...

Options
  • 30-07-2014 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Living in an apartment block where there is a shared post box at the main entrance door. Never been a problem before - whoever left first in the morning would pick up the post and lay it out on hallway table.
    Anyway, new residents have moved in lately and I suspect the post is being taken. There doesn't seem to have been any post the last fortnight or so.
    Is a landlord obliged to provide proper individual postboxes for a multi-dwelling property?
    Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Is it a modern apartment block or a repurposed old house made into flats? In the latter, it's very usual to do as you've been doing up to now but I've never seen shared postboxes in an apartment block. If the post box is on the outside, is it a case that the postperson does not have access to the hallway?

I suggest you test the theory by posting something to yourself.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement