Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 30-07-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this is been asked before but I had a look trough the stickies and newer threads and didnt find an answer, sorry if I've missed something

I'm moving up to dublin next month starting work and have been on daft trying to find a house, most LL are looking for "references, ID, previous landlord and expression of interest". What exactly should be on the reference. Is it "X is a lovely person" or is it something from an employer, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

References are usually from a previous landlord outlining how you kept the house in reasonable shape, paid rent on time and generally didn't cause any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

First big question always asked is "Did your tenant use the deposit as the last month's rent?". I'd really recommend not using your previous landlords as a reference if this happens to be the case, for whatever reason, as it's the main red flag LLs ask about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Eldarion wrote: »
    First big question always asked is "Did your tenant use the deposit as the last month's rent?". I'd really recommend not using your previous landlords as a reference if this happens to be the case, for whatever reason, as it's the main red flag LLs ask about.
    References are usually from a previous landlord outlining how you kept the house in reasonable shape, paid rent on time and generally didn't cause any trouble.
    So the reference is same as the landlords reference? No worries on that score, have a very good relationship with all my previous landlords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

freyners wrote: »
    So the reference is same as the landlords reference? No worries on that score, have a very good relationship with all my previous landlords

Employers refernce is common too. Not a detailed one, just X has been employed by us for Y years as a whatever and is of good character.

Advertisement