Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial van

Options
  • 29-07-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Lads, looking for a bit of help I'm trying to buy a van I only have about 3 grand to spend. Checked out done deal and saw loads of crap and lads looking for unrealistic money. I have been looking for about two weeks now and I'm under serious pressure to get some wheels for work. I know 3 grand isn't much but I'm not looking for a Bentley, could anyone recommend any good honest lads that sell a few commerical vehicles. I am willing to travel anywhere around Leinster but preferably around north kildare dublin meath would be ideal. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭bigroad

Maybe try wilsons auctions on the nass road.I would say spend two grand and keep a grand for any repairs.
    Bring a mechanic if you not too sure.Only buy with a current doe if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fullback3

Cheers lad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭bigroad

Post up what type of van you want and what you need it for and you will get more help on here.Some on here deal in vans of might know some for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Have you considered leasing? If it's for work, it might be worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

corktina wrote: »
    Have you considered leasing? If it's for work, it might be worthwhile

This can be well worth it if you are going to have a decent regular income and you can afford the payment.
    You have a fresh reliable van and if there are any problems with it they just give you another one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

He wont be able to lease it unless its through a registered company in Ireland with a decent credit rating.

He could buy one on hire purchase but works out more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

fullback3 wrote: »
    Lads, looking for a bit of help I'm trying to buy a van I only have about 3 grand to spend. Checked out done deal and saw loads of crap and lads looking for unrealistic money. I have been looking for about two weeks now and I'm under serious pressure to get some wheels for work. I know 3 grand isn't much but I'm not looking for a Bentley, could anyone recommend any good honest lads that sell a few commerical vehicles. I am willing to travel anywhere around Leinster but preferably around north kildare dublin meath would be ideal. Thanks for reading.
    get urself a peugeot expert hdi bought one last year a 2006 older shape model for 3200 euro and it goes like the clappers no problems at all great van

Advertisement