Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repair to rear dropout?

Options
  • 29-07-2014 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Crashed bike in May. Trek won't touch it. Still looking for someone to repair the drop out if it can be repaired. Suggestions welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I spent the last 5 minutes looking through google images for uses for recycled bicycle frames. There are a couple of gates etc that look cool. I am using one of mine as a trellis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Lawr

photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Al Wright

It looks like the dropout is aluminium. The bad news is that welds on the particular grades of aluminium and its alloys used in bicycle frames need specific heat treatment during manufacturing process.
    Even if you can get the replacement dropout, I don't think that a small repair shop would have the setup to do it successfully. The best option may be to look for a replacement frame.

Advertisement