Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling from Carlow to Kilkenny

Options
  • 29-07-2014 5:22pm
    Site Banned Posts: 28

I will be cycling tomorrow from Carlow to Kilkenny, does anyone know if it's a tough cycle? Is there many hills? And is the road ok or is it in bits?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hellohalo

Would you like cycling buddy? I live in kilkenny but I'm from carlow. I'm female!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Never cycled it myself but according to http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/create/

This is a 38.44 km route in . The route has a total ascent of 191.62 m and has a maximum elevation of 126.86 m

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Generally pretty flat main road that had its hard shoulder converted to a cycle route in the last year or 2. Cycle lane disappears sometimes, eg under railway bridges. Used to be main road from KK to Dublin, but new motorway means it's now quieter. Wind tomorrow will probably be against you, but not that strong.
    Edit - cycle lane can be a bit rough at times with grit etc but you can pull out onto road proper.
    No real hill, just a bit 'rolling' in places but the drags aren't that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Its a very nice route, just stay on the hard shoulder, this disappears after Paulstown, so take it easy at that point; maybe carry on to Gowran and in via Bennettsbridge if you want to extend it up to 50k or so

• Site Banned Posts: 28 Aislinn.B

Thanks lads. I'll be cycling back to Carlow too so it'll be a long spin for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

You'll have a tailwind home so. Good planning

Advertisement