Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Camelot Properties

Options
  • 29-07-2014 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I have 2 questions regarding Camelot properties. I have been renting with them for the past 2 years but since the property was just sold I have 4 weeks from Friday to move out

My questions

1. Camelot increased my rent by 40 euro in july for the month of august having already increased it twice this year, I am suspicious that they knew this was coming and the are trying to make a quick extra buck on us, also how legal is this?

2.How good are they for giving back ones deposit?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rent can only be increased once every 12 months, you should have kicked them back on the second go.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

I have 2 questions regarding Camelot properties. I have been renting with them for the past 2 years but since the property was just sold I have 4 weeks from Friday to move out
    You are entitled to either 42 days or 56 days notice (depending on whether you have been there for more or less than 2 years).
    2.How good are they for giving back ones deposit?
    Given that they're already trying to pull a fast one on you with the illegal rent increases and notice periods, I'd say pretty poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I don't think you're legally a tenant with Camelot properties, you're a live in guardian so I have a feeling any answers you get regarding legality of rent increases might be answers suited for tenants rather than you

Advertisement