Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY

Options
  • 29-07-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi I am going to be doing my leaving cert next year (2015) and obviously I have been giving a lot of thought as to what I want to do, career wise in the future. I have recently developed an interest in pursuing a career as a speech therapist but the problem is the points... I know Trinity, UCC and NUI Galway all offer courses in clinical speech and language therapy but the points are just too high and not reasonable for me I don't think unfortunately. I am wondering if there is another way of going about becoming a speech therapist? Thank you :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sir Nonchalant

Hello Katieee323,

This may be a bit of a long game for you but I do know UL has a 2 year Msc in Speech and Language Therapy A friend of mine ended up doing that after graduating from a more generalised Arts degree ie not huge points. I understand that might be a trade-off Points now vs 6 long years in college but it's just an option that I know of. There might be other alternatives.

On the other hand, you have a whole year to knuckle down for the LC, if you set a target to work towards now you could still make it happen. I'm a long time removed from the points race and don't know what stratospheric levels you might be talking about but I hope you don't write yourself off at this stage due to not thinking the points are "reasonable" for you, aim high!

Good luck.

Advertisement