Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long until you got your wedding albums

Options
  • 29-07-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hey,

general question, how long did it take your photographer to get your wedding album back to you after your big day?.... just wondering what the normal amount of time it takes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

How long is a piece of string? It can vary, depending on what was ordered at the time. You should discuss this when booking the photographer.

In my case, the proofs were ready about two weeks after the wedding, with the mini albums. We chose the photos we wanted for the album, and that came about six weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Take photos.
    Edit.
    Send to clients. Two - Three weeks
    Client selects photos for album.
    Give's photographer list of photos for album.
    Retouch.
    Layout out album.
    Send pdf to client.
    Client makes changes.
    Photographer makes changes
    Send pdf back to client.
    Client makes more changes. Loop.
    Send album to printer.
    Get album from printer.
    Give to album to client.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RickyWed

It all depends of your photographer, put everything on paper sign it and there you go. Better to have everything sorted with the photographer while in meeting with him/her. Always sign a contract unless is a friend or so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

depends on a few things!
    how long the photographer said it would take - check service agreement, they'll usually allow for how busy they are.
    The album manufacturers could be backlogged - the images/layouts could be in a queue, this is obviously outside the photographers control.
    There can be dilly dallying in choosing images album layouts etc. on the B&G's part too, not unheard of!
    For video, depending on the workload it can be much longer, takes a lot longer to edit a movie together as opposed to dealing with stills.

I've heard of a few cases where couples were waiting for albums 10/12 months after the event, some operators just take on too much work and then find themselves severely backlogged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

It took 3 months for us to get the proofs...we didn't get an album yet (probably wont either, so I made up a simple photobook instead)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Have you asked the photographer what the story is?
    Additionally, some album manufacturer's are closed for a month over summer. Factor in a backlog from other photographer's albums ahead of yours and I can see a delay there, especially this time of year. Hope you get sorted.

Advertisement