Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations to change from Phonewatch

Options
  • 29-07-2014 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just received yearly bill from phone watch ..... Went from €221 last year to €324 this year! Am going to look into changing, any recommendations. I knew there was an increase on the horizon but this is just too much for a monitoring service.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

ymcdonn wrote: »
    Just received yearly bill from phone watch ..... Went from €221 last year to €324 this year! Am going to look into changing, any recommendations. I knew there was an increase on the horizon but this is just too much for a monitoring service.

Thanks in advance

You are correct in doing so, there are plenty of other monitoring stations in this country that will provide you with the same level of service at much a lesser cost as they are just security monitoring stations as opposed to a marketing machine that someone has to pay for.

How old is your system and what model of control panel have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Thanks in advance
    What were you getting for that price?
    (I mean before the price went up, as I assume it's the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

PeteK* wrote: »
    What were you getting for that price?

Just his input to the ever increasing marketing fund

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks in advance

Pricing went up a good bit with P.W. this year. The best advice is to shop around. These systems can be monitored by other monitoring stations once it is not the Domonial. You would need an installer to set this up for you.

Advertisement